Hard wiring my old TomTom to the Honda

The mini USB plug/socket needs to remain intact to be able to download files to the TomTom.

Since the mini USB end is on the underside its not too much of a problem. The other end, the standard USB plug/socket is the bit to do away with.

Ross is on the money.

Bit of a shame to go to all that effort and not stick it on a relay :slight_smile: That’s the easiest way to reduce the corrosion - take away the electrolysis.

oops, I may not have explained it correctly but the cable will remain exactly how it should be but it’ll all be waterproof up in the case.

I’ll draw a diagram next time…:pinch:

The customs charge will be just VAT but will be based on the seller’s statement of value on the package. We have encountered inflated charges caused by inflated statements of value which result from the seller seeking scam their mail insurance. If they value we an item at £100 and it goes missing in transit, they are quids in. Your only option is to challenge the HMRC charge using proof of what you paid for the item, which is below the threshold for charging VAT on imports by post.

Thanks Giuliano, done a little light reading and it appears to work like this

I’m guessing in my case the sender has over valued the goods for a possible insurance scam.

I’ll be contacting the seller for a full refund. Out of principal rather than loss. As my Mother, God bless her, used to say ‘look after the pennies and …’