Happy chilly Monday morning everyone

So, who’s looking for their heated gear or searching the internet for some? :grin:

effing cold this morning… added a fleece necktube and thicker gloves today!

Up fucking early this morning because our events team can’t plan ahead. Was quite a surprise to see how many cars are heading into London at 6am.
But yeah, full winter textiles on today.

Time to dig the winter gloves out for tomorrow then :frowning_face:

Certainly was nippy! Thinking about putting the lining back in the jacket & trousers now.

It was even chilly cycling home from work tonight.
I’m currently Googling heated grips for my Triumph!

I genuinely think the Gerber Xr 12 are the best buy I have bought for my bike. 2 hours on the M1 and M11 today, and toasty warm hands.

Wish I had discovered these years ago,.

I bought nearly-new winter gloves off ebay during the summer. £35 for Dainese Scout GTX, holding up nicely.

Morning. Cold start - had to put winter running gear on for morning run!

Went somewhere this afternoon on the bike but Inn full summer gear (eh it was warm), just got home, it’s getting cold. Didn’t help that the zips on my vents have failed, leaving 2 massive vents open on my chest

had to dig out the heated gloves & vest this morning
now all I have to do is add the power supply to the bike put the heated insoles back in my boots & try to find my heated socks
something for this weekend
Its chilly but not cold enough to switch on my heated gear just yet

heated gloves this morning … summer gloves in the top box … that time of year

switched back to summer gear with a liner this morning to avoid sweating on the way home

Does anyone find that handguards help with keeping hands warm in the winter?
I’ve tried heated grips and heated gloves previously but still struggle with cold hands on the bike. I was thinking that some handguards might help to keep the windchill down when riding amd make it a bit more comfortable.

Muffs are the way forward, especially with heated grips

Couldn’t agree more with this. It also negates the need to worry your waterproof gloves start leaking at some point. I used to ride in summer gloves even when it was snowing… Had to wear medium winter gloves when the heated grips packed up (they always do)

I have handguards on my current bike and on one in the past. They do a bit but it’s not that big a difference… I would say it just delays your hands getting cold by about 20% (a number I’ve plucked from thin air) and much less effective if at motorway speeds.

yeah but they look sooo bad!

If you’re using heated gloves and still getting cold hands, you’re doing it wrong.

Yeah agree. Hand guards don’t help with temperatures but look good.

Muffs work but they don’t look good.

I’m not into muff myself.

Odd that you’re still cold with heated gloves