Half Marathon for London Air Ambulance (Sept 27th)

I am going to be doing a half marathon for LAA and wondered if any other LBers fancied joining me.
Its a half marathon (13miles, 20km) :w00t: in London, called Run to the Beat, on Sunday 27th September.

http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/

Places usually fill up quickly for these things so please go to the site and register if you are interested.

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/eventsregform/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_event_detail&EventID=1686&orgid=2050

We aren’t going for the charity place option as that puts pressure on runners to raise a minimum amount.
Entry is £33 but consider that your donation to LAA…plus I’m sure you’ll get a medal, Tshirt and banana for that! :slight_smile:

Once numbers are confirmed, we will be looking to get some LB/LAA running tops made up for the day (I have spoken to macp about this) and no doubt we can get some other LBers to cheer us on and collect money for LAA.

Please post if you are interested.

Anita

I wanted to do a half marathon this year so yes, i’ll do it with ya :slight_smile: Was only thinking the other day after watching the programme on them how I could raise a bit of cash for them! :smiley:

Now where did I put all my running gear!! :smiley:

Ok, all signed up now :slight_smile:

So come on, who else is signing up? :smiley:

Just managed to rope Curtis in to doing this as well :smiley:

if there are still places come payday I will be up for this mate.

I wanted to do the marathon next year so would be good to do the half and see how I get on.

Excellent!

There must be more of you that can manage this…even if you walk the whole thing!

if i get a collection from ppl on the site for the registration fee…i’ll do it in full leathers and a helmet on;)thats a bonified promise:).

smiled:).

ow far is it?? can i do it on the bike;)

I’d pay the £33 if you’re serious…let me know :slight_smile:

Nonsense has offered to pay your reg fee…if your gona be doing more jogging than walking I’ll sponser you for £20 for charadie :slight_smile:

Now that’s one hell of a challange! I’d love to do this, but don’t know if I can. I’ve not run for that far before. Better find out first :slight_smile:

An LB team would rock!

Jay, you’ll be fine. :slight_smile:
I accidentally entered a half marathon in Glasgow instead of a 10km in August 2006. I was pissed and decided that I would pay the extra £1 registration fee to get a Tshirt and medal at the end (so Scottish! lol) without realising that meant I had to do double the distance! :w00t:
I entered a few days after getting back from 6months in South America, ie 6 months of eating junk, drinking and no real exercise so I was pretty unfit. I had 3 weeks to train and made it in 2 hours 15mins. The first 9 miles were okay but I had to walk half of the rest. (I still finished before all my mates that trained though…only by 20seconds mind and only 'cos I ran like a lunatic for the last bit. And saying that, they were all fine the next day but I was crippled for a week. I couldn’t go down stairs forwards because my thighs didnt work! Lol.)
So if you start running a little bit in July and then start training at some point in August, you will be fine.
I get loads of emails about running since then so can post up a training regime.
Go on sign up. I have a bad knee and will still be doing it
Go team LB!

ps - runs in London are really popular and spaces fill a lot more quickly than they do up North so please don’t leave it too much longer. Last year by July, there were no runs with any spaces in London.

yes i am serious…i would do this because its our charity ;).

infact…i was thinking that all the people who sponsor me,could have a sticker of their name on my leathers…;)…nothing fancy…just a white sticker with your name in felt tip pen slapped about my hide…

so…there we are…OOoohhh one more thing…i have pm’d nonsence and said if i didnt complete the run…ide give the reg fee back…!!!

hows that…:D.

smiled:).

I’ll sponsor ya mate, lets hope it aint a hot day :smiley:

so far we have confirmed:
Nonsense
Tiggi
Curtis
Smiled

Come on people, sign up for Team LB

I so wanna see smiled do this in his kit:D

Have you got a JustGiving page Shane?:cool:

I am making a JustGiving page for the group … link will be posted shortly.
Can runners please email me a photo for the page.
Thanks

Although my fitness levels are good now I haven’t done any running. Next time the weathers is ok’ish I’m gonna attempt a run in my local park and if I can manage a fair distance without too much pain (got athritis in my feet and ankles) I could be up for this, would be a fab achievement.

Do it!
We can go running together!
I realised from last weekend, that I need to train more outside as the treadmill makes it far too easy
x

I went for a run this morning.
Has anyone else starting “training”???