H2 number 1 up and running

Okay its taken me nearly 2 years to get it from the US then to here then mot’d then registered and now taxed and all done…

phew will post a few piccies tonight when i have chance to take a few…am really pleased with it, it has a highly modified engine which is suppoed to improve fuel consumption (ha) and improve the torque band by reducing the surge in the mid range…seems a bit flat to me when i have ridden it…we will see when the warmer weather comes…

still have to get H2 number 2 running properly…some problems, and it may need an engine rebuild…

Any chance of some photos so us young 'uns can make some appreciate ooo’s and ahhh’s

yes sure will tonight

not the best pictures but here she is…

and yes that is the christmas decorations you can see…

oops posted two the same…dumbo…

will try to get a few better ones when the summer comes, and hopefully you peeps will be able to see it on a ride out in the summer…

That looks like my favourite type of bike, inline twin. 8)

Very, very nice.

Oh well, seeing as it’s panto season…

OH NO IT ISN’T!!! :smiley:

Ahhh well, I had just taken happy stuff, and missed the third pipe at the end, and I now vaguely remember something about it a couple of months ago.

Still a triple is a lovely engine as well.

Yes indeed. 750 triple, nice. 750 2-stroke triple, yikes! Wrap in non-existent frame and hit powerband, enjoy :w00t:

this one has been massively modified, over large carbs 40 mm instead of 32 and with reed inlet vlaves along with holes in the piston to aid inlet and to improve flow around the engine…meant to reduce surge and improve fuel consuimption, (on a 2 stroke who cares) it runs okay…

the one in my avatar is still not running but thats the next project…

Have it ready for Alton will you ? :wink:

Beautiful bike :smiley:

i want it! lol
nice job in getting it running again mate

Pyro

they are not mint but in A1 condition and for a bike that is 35 years old am pleased with that…it has a few items that need sorting tidying and generally fettled upon but I will get her done…and you will see one of them about at some stage…

Looking good 2T:cool:Didn’t they had double front discs or was that a mod? The added seat hump is probably a good idea…lol

Can’t be arsed to look it up…lol

Nice though;)

Its OK , I’ve answered my own question…lol

Seems the doubld discs were a mod, prolly nicked off a Z9 or similar IIRC

Heres how i remember these beasties:cool:

Yes its an easy mod and you use a kawasaki kit.

but its an almost essential mod on even basic un modded engines but with an engine blasting something like 130 bhp in a powr band of only 1k its life saving…

I don’t think they were actually particularly powerful for what they were, something like a cb750 of the same era had similar or actually slightly more power than the standard h2s without the very heavy fuel consumption problems.
There was a Performance Bikes article on them I once read, they timed a few of them and took top speeds at around 110-115mph so its as though there’s a bit of a myth around them.
They do sound absolutely gorgeous though, that triple cylinder two stroke crackle.

75 bhp wasnt a great deal at all, but it wasnt that that was the problem, it all came in at 5,500 and went at 7000…so nothing to 75 to nothing, and they were on their back wheel when wheelies were really unheard of…scary stuff…and full of excitment compared to a dreary CB750

But compared to todays bikes, my rgv 250 has 65bhp and is less than half the weight of the 750…and of course the rgv 500’s ( which I dont have) were producing 200 bhp from 500 cc’s…but they are ten years on…

But they are a bike for fun…when all we had was the triumph trident and bonneville, and the CB750…mind you not many people bought them in those days as they were too scary…

This H2 motor turns out 120bhp at the wheel and run a 9.3 second quarter!

Lovely bike, I bet it sounds as good as it looks too. I can remember seeing these around 15-20 years ago and you could get them for peanuts, I wish I had the foresight to buy one along with a few Zed’s, Katana’s, Honda CB750 4’s etc! Did you do the paint yourself? I want to get my Triumph’s tank and panels done and have not really seen anywhere in London that does it.