GSXR 600 K6 Stolen from Aldgate E1 - M111 NHL

Glad to hear this!

Good news ! Hope its not is too bad a nic !

Nice one it’s been found, hope you don’t get too much out of pocket getting it sorted.

Nice! Did police find it? That’s a suprise

Yep police found it… Quick question.

Police reckon that I should be paying for the recovery fee. Being pointed to the regulation by someone I come across this:

“person responsible”, in relation to a vehicle, means—
(a)the owner of the vehicle at the time when it was put in the place from which it was removed as mentioned in subsection (1) above, unless he shows that he was not concerned in, and did not know of, its being put there;
(b)any person by whom the vehicle was put in that place;
©any person convicted of an offence under section 2(1) of the M2Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978 in consequence of the putting of the vehicle in that place; F8. . .

So Point A means that technically I am not responsible and therefore am paying under duress and should be able to claim it back?

Thoughts?

your insurance company should pick the bill up
phone them as sometimes they already have recovery company’s on there books so you wont have to depart with your hard earned

many many years ago before i got into big bikes i had my scooter stolen,the police found that and told me where it was ,it was completely stripped just basically a frame and wheels left,they said its my responsibility to go and collect it,if the police moved it i would be charged recovery and storage.
lucky to get it back anyway.
any details was someone riding it or did they just find it parked up.

That’s great news! Well i think according to point a you should not pay. Should’t the guy riding it pay??

Its third party only so I doubt it…

New update:

I call the police to arrange pick up and was told

“They want us to keep it here for forensic examination that will happen in the next 2 weeks however, you will be liable for a daily charge… Or if you dont want your bill to increase day by day then you can cancel the forensic as its non-compulsory”

Erm… Thanks Met Police but no thanks

what bastards

But will this affect his ncb as it states he is not responsible for paying the fee

Thieving scumbags. The Met Police I mean.

When I reported mine stolen the police gave me two options on their recovering it. Either they could leave it where they found it and let me know where it is so I could go and get it, or they could retrieve it (for some fee) and store it (for another daily fee) until I could collect it.

Did they not give you the same choice?

Ok new, new update

Put in a complaint and the PC dealing with it had told me they won’t make me pay the bill.

Apaz it happens a lot as the pounds are not run by the police.

Being forensically examined on Monday.

Turns out the doughnut was chased by police. He went home, parked up, jumped on another stolen bike from his garden and came back an hour later. Police waited and arrested him when he got back!

And shes back!

With Scorch and Big D now looking at options to either fix up and sell or break!

Oh lovely! That is always a good feeling. I got mine back after a year. Sold it straight on as a spares/repairs deal, also did not have to pay fees after I contested the costs as they kept it on site for forensics, and prosecuted said dumb dumb thief.

let me know what you have in mind witht he gxsr, or if you are selling wheels. I want to powder coat mine so would love a spare set.

Hey mate give me a text are you splitting the bike or selling?