Green Ninja Rider from Mile End this morning

Haha Aussie news is always so cringey man, I can’t stand the sound of it on in the background when I’m skyping home haha

Baahahaha!!! Love it. On the flip side my mother has just informed me that Perth is freezing at the moment with an artic 12 degrees!

Mmmm 12 degrees, I hate the heat, I left Aus for a reason! ha

I miss Australia :frowning:

Lets not forget 4.

1. Those that whinge and complain and tell us all about it and how bad it was - John 8:7

Don’t worry Art we’re all moving over here :slight_smile:

But I wanna move over there with all the little Arts

Me too. I loved it over there. Might well plan to retire there (if they’ll have me!).

Australia has gone so far towards regulation and rules its mad.

If you think police are bad here forgot there…and filtering is illegal …and yes you will get stopped.

They have stopped drinking on the beach for fcuks sake!

everytime I go it seems to have slipped more and more down the road towards a police state.

Filtering isn’t specifically illegal- the issue is that whilst filtering you will be breaking other laws around riding safely.
You do get stopped a lot more though- you’re right there.

Although from July 2014 in NSW you can filter legally- they ran a trial in Sydney and unsurprisingly it revealed that traffic improved so they rolled it out.
Other states are looking at it too (although probably not Queensland).

We are heading back at some point- I’ve been away for 15 years, my wife for 20, and our parents are getting older and need some help.
I’m going to miss the fairly liberal UK policing compared to Oz.
They have mobile radar absolutely everywhere- I’m going to have to behave.

lol I bet they ain’t banned barbecues on the beach like they seem to have done over here on certain beaches…

What’s the point of having a beach bbq without beer?

There is actually a rising number of teetotaller in Oz.

I’ve been off the booze for quite a while now- didn’t have a problem with it but simply got to the point where I didn’t want to do it anymore.

Yeah what else have you got to look forward to. Sand and a few stones. Unfortunately monk thats what its come down to. Thats what our country as become!!

That’s because all the lairy drunk Australian 20 somethings are in west London :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you’re joking but to take that seriously for a second- they aren’t coming in the numbers that they used to as

a) the exchange rate is more favourable than it has been in the past
b) you earn more in Australia than you do here if you’re looking at bar work and other ‘traveller’ types of jobs
c) all the jobs that travelling Aussies used to do have been taken by Eastern European.

I didn’t want to post on the ‘Immigration’ thread but really when people say ‘coming over here taking our bloody jobs’ they should be saying ‘coming over here, taking the bloody Aussies jobs’. :wink:

Tell me about it

In 2005 I was arrested for smoking on a NSW beech

In 2009 I was chased down by Sydneys finest for going through the the Harbour Bridge auto toll without a tag

In 2011 I was fined for wearing a hat in Asquith Sports Club bar

Arrested for smoking on a beach? Haha

I saw a classy young lady in a tracksuit enjoying a fag while watching the seal show at Chessington a few weeks ago, noone batted an eyelid ha

Was that because it was the only thing you were wearing? :Whistling:

[quote]
hogtrumpet (17/07/2014)

I’m an east european and taking a bloody aussies job would mean taking a BLOODY HUGE PAY CUT!!!