Got my parts back from the powder coaters

So, I got my wheels and swing arm back from the powder coaters, quality of the paint was spot on (although it’s the wrong colour).

After unwrapping my swing arm I noticed the welds looked like honeycomb… These are genuine Yamaha welds, this swing arm was sent off to be sand blasted, they then sent it to the powder coaters.

It would appear Yamaha did a poor job at welding and have filled it in. Then the sand blasting has shot the filler out…

So I have rubbed it all back down, re filled it and painted it myself. Rather impressed with the finish if I may say so.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

a lot of manufactures both car & motorbike dress there welds with mastic so they look appealing  

Really? I was not aware of that… A few welders I’ve spoken to said its called parosity or something similar…

More pics please :wink:

Really? I was not aware of that… A few welders I’ve spoken to said its called parosity or something similar…

Daws1989
don't look like porosity to me more a chemical reaction

i could be wrong

have you asked the powder coaters ?

Yeah powder coaters are not sure what it is, they have never seen it before. It’s defo holes in the metal… And only in some places

Hey Daw1989 - Well done.  If I were in your shoes, I’d forwarded the photos and ask for their comment.

Already done it- also put a pic on Instagram asking for shares so they see it and comment. It’s looks terrible