Got my boots dirty over the weekend! ... Desert Rose style

Went out for the day with Desert Rose Racing, for a intro into off-road dirt biking! … All kit was supplied, and the bikes were fantastic (though, ever so slightly small for me)

It did rain, but that was a blessing, as it really tested our skills (or lack thereof), coordination and reflexes. Many people fell off, including me, but part of the enjoyment and learning.

The mud made is particularly challenging, and tough on your body, but thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Would definitely recommend attending. I’ll be going again :slight_smile:

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Looks cool man! Where abouts was it?

http://www.adventureridingacademy.com/

That’s the one!

I’m feeling it today. Not use to standing and riding all day, but happily do it again!

Got to have a play in the mud this year. But that’s miles away! Sounds great though :slight_smile: thanks for the write up.

I’ll do a proper write up, when my arms are fully functional :wink:

Nice one, what bike you getting then? :smiley:

Looks really good. The Yamaha off-road experience was really good too. You learn a lot of useful stuff on these days like if the back steps out on your road bike you are less likely to panic after having done an off road day.

Nice one, what bike you getting then? :D nivag
Funny you should ask! ..  I was looking 'was' being the operative word, as the missus slapped the back of my head and warned that If I get any more bikes (I have 3 atm), without selling the others first .. I'll be sleeping in the garage with them!

Anyone want to buy a Suzuki GRX-R1000 K5, or Honda VTR1000??? :)

Nice one, what bike you getting then? :D nivag
Funny you should ask! ..  I was looking 'was' being the operative word, as the missus slapped the back of my head and warned that If I get any more bikes (I have 3 atm), without selling the others first .. I'll be sleeping in the garage with them!

Anyone want to buy a Suzuki GRX-R1000 K5, or Honda VTR1000??? :)

zine
ive got a sofa in the garage for that purpose

Mud/off-road riding is addictive :slight_smile:

Mud/off-road riding is addictive :) motodrb
Where do you find suitable locations? Is there a map available? 
Mud/off-road riding is addictive :) motodrb
Where do you find suitable locations? Is there a map available?  zine
depends what your after, many people go green laneing which is legally just a road withought tarmac (so you need number plate, tax, insurnace...)

for this bywaymap.com is quite handy, plus the TRF give loads of info.

for off road courses (where its actually off road and numberplate etc are not needed) there are centers for this, run like to a track day from what i gather (though ive not been to either)

Like above; check TRF and online maps for local trails if green roads as they called now you are after. http://www.trf.org.uk/where-to-ride/ . Best to join local riders and they will show you all the rads. I did that for few years, tried enduro days, but now have mx bike and do MX days. Lots of tracks around and only £30 a day. You can seee if you like it before buying a bike as some have try out days and bike hire, like; http://www.washbrookfarmmx.co.uk/http://www.wildtracksltd.co.uk/mx-school

+1 Best to join local riders.

One little off can be disastrous on your own. Like the time I dropped the Bonne’ going through Nounsey Ford while it was in flood, it took me about 10 minutes struggling to free myself from under the bike. Fortunately I landed half in and half out of the ford with my head above water, it could so easily have gone pear shaped!

On the other hand, though, when you’re already riding somewhere there’s nobody else, it can be a little bit nicer to have not dragged a load of mates along, too. There’s not really many sensible reasons to go trail riding on your own, but it’s still pretty good.

I’ll check out the local ride groups and links … 

I am part of surreytrf admin …we have lots available to green ROADS available to us in Surrey/Hampshire  …also herts trf are very active  …great fun and takes you all over the country  … nee the world !

I am part of surreytrf admin ...we have lots available to green ROADS available to us in Surrey/Hampshire  ..also herts trf are very active  ...great fun and takes you all over the country  ... nee the world ! kris
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out.

Yeah, herts trf get a ride out most weeks during the summer. If you download viewranger you can download the published TRF routes, too, which are almost guaranteed to be entirely on things you’re allowed to ride on.