Going to MXGP on Sunday

As the title says I’ll be going to the motocross this Sunday. It’s in Matterley Basin, around 100 miles from East London (http://www.mxgp.com/tracks/matterley-basin).

The racing looks fun, you get to stand close to the action (judging from what I’ve seen on other tracks) and the tickets are cheap - £45 at the moment for the race day. Looking forward to some good pics.

Anyone else going? Wanna tag along?

Going by bike??

If you do you’ll be the only one… Last year there was only about 5 bikes there. Some tracks are worse than the actual tracks full of deep ruts to get into and if wet hahaha good spectators sport watching the vans/cars trying to get in and out :0)

TDJ & Son are going Sunday.

You gotta be kidding! I don’t have a car! :smiley:

Anyone wants my ticket? :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll be fine x

Cypher you will be ok on the bike this track is well sorted. It’s a great day’s racing if your into Moto x.

Well, I’m back and I’m glad I went! Such a different experience from MotoGP/F1 type of racing! Love the fact that one can get real close to the track and see the action. The only downer is that I don’t normally watch MXGP and had no idea about who was who but good day out nonetheless. Getting in and out is all via country roads but nothing to worry about (if it’s dry). Here are some pics I took…

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

For something completely a little different you might also like Mablethorpe. A sand racing club meets there, its like speedway on the beach.

About 150 miles from High Beech and the racing season starts in October

http://xtreme-action-images.com/sandrace/index.html

Looks like you had a good day. Matterley is great for spectators as it’s in a bowl. Great pic’s, We are off to Maggiore Park in Italy in September to watch the Motocross Des Nations.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg