Go outside and look at the moon and Mars!

That bright star to the right of the moon, is actually Mars.

2 Likes

Just took the kids out thanks @Kevsta

1 Like

Quite a sight, you can just see a tinge of orange/red. Not often that you can really see a planet so clearly with the naked eye.

Yep that’s exactly right.

-kids can you see the light next to the moon?
-yes
-what colour is it?
-yellow red
-so what could it be
-the sun?
#facepalm

(They’re only little)

5 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us.

4 Likes

And they hadn’t even discovered all the planets either! And Rutherford the famous physicist stated that we know knew everything about physics. A few years later quantum physics and Einstein Theory of Gravity came along and blew everything out of the water.

Excellent. Had you gone out earlier you may have seen the International Space Station appearing in the SW and disappearing in the East 4 minutes later.

Next decent sighting over London will be Friday 27th November at 6pm sharp. Appearing 27° above WSW passing overhead at 85° and disappearing 2 minutes later 70° above E. At 90 minute orbits of the Earth it ain’t hanging around!

Have fun children more here >>> Spot the International Space Station

the chances of anything coming from mars are a million to one, they said

2 Likes

I believe that we have found meteors that originate from both the Moon and Mars that have survived the journey to earth.

a million to one, but still they come!

1 Like

Damn missed it and now too cloudy to even see the moon

Try later, it’s clear here. Or tomorrow, should still be visible.

1 Like

Just went out and had a look. Clear as day in West London. Fantastic.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, I saw it on my walk home and thought, could that be the musk planet? I mean mars planet?

1 Like