Giving up biking

The area where I live is a completely different world than “Greater London”…hell, I’m going to go ride this afternoon on public roads in the country that would probably appear to be nearly like a track day to you guys…miles and miles and wide open roads…and the further you go into the country, the less heavily patrolled the roads are. I’ve ridden in Chase County…in the heart of the Flint Hills for an entire day without seeing another vehicle of ANY sort…car, law, bike…NOTHING. Having a sport bike here is almost like having your own personal track. (It’s all strictly “by the book” when I’m in or near the city though.)

I can’t imagine ever giving up biking because of “the risk.” I refuse to live my life running from every potential “risk” out there. There is only one certainty in life…we’re all going out at some point. I don’t know when, neither does anyone else. Spend the time LIVING…NOT worrying about dying.

Just my opinion, of course…

i would no way get rid of biking, it plays an important role in my life, its all about having freedom, thats something you dont get in a car!. Bikes are sooo cool anyway, the wind through ya hair and all that!! he he