Garage design and installation

I’m in Watford, Herts. Not a million miles away :wink:

shiny self levelling floor garage is the stuff dreams are made of :slight_smile:

Can I live in there?

Sounds like a biker heaven

When I’m a proper grown up with a proper garage, it will have a polished concrete floor

And then break your hip when you spill even the teeny tiniest drop of oil on it :crazy:

Oily stuff will be relegated to the second garage :wink:

I would want a bacon sandwich as i walked around my collection on sunday deciding which one is going out for the day .

What about the four naked virgins hand oiling your leathers before you head out?

Hey Scorch,

What’s the best floor levelling compound? I’d like to smarten up the concrete floor in my garage as it gets so dusty.

Damn, that’s some garage. New HQ for LB Herts massive? :smiley:

I’d love to do mine too but I’ve no-where to keep everything while it’s drying!

I’ve used screed from Wickes without any grief. If its just a dust problem, then just sealing it would help significantly.

so got a meeting with the landlady on sat prior to our move in and going to discuss my plan for the garage, she seems really down to earth so shouldn’t be a problem.

the plan

timber frame around the inside of the garage to allow for ceiling with led lighting and to add wall panels- mount that tv too :wink: some sort of rubberised flooring with seal to stop water entering from outsidetheres no mains electrics but found an electrician who said it won’t be a problem wire a couple of sockets and the required lighting in (unless anyone is or can recommend a good sparky?)Ground anchor installationBeef up garage door securityMake scorch work :stuck_out_tongue:

I can add sockets for you, either as part of the existing ring main, or on it’s own circuit if practical.

is there anything this man can’t do? :cool:

I wouldn’t go the rubber floor route unless it’s heated and reasonably air tight (like houses ) you will get condensation and it will make the floor like a skating rink should it freeze
Rubberised painted floor should be fine as it’s breathable
The rest is ok timber buildings suffer less condensation so that’s a good thing
I’ll take to my paint guy at work for floor paint that’d best on Friday
The rest is just decoration

as for the flooring I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile:

like the idea of this so i have the removable tool chest for race days:

Howdens do a high gloss black range of units…

Like the sound of that and I’ve been eyeing up a gloss black tool chest on wheels :slight_smile:

I want in on this also…Scorch do you cover South London/