FV09 BKX (2009 R1) stolen from Lakeside in broad daylight

Friend of a friend put this on FB https://www.facebook.com/Ben.Hardingham90/videos/10154561225490312/?permPage=1. Angle-grinded through a disc lock and Almax series IV, and chucked some kind of acid in the face of the good samaritan who tried to stop them. What the hell.

Edit: Gofundme setup for the guy who tried to stop them https://www.gofundme.com/22uak758

Nice to see that the security team there are nice and proactive … Not!

yeh nice to see with the heightened security at shopping centers no one from lakeside security or police around?   

this guy tried to do really great job, but, if i were him, i would call the police, and stay a bit low… i think it would have given better results now the guy has broken arm, and damaged bike…

Feel sorry for the dude… If he had a crowdfund page, I’d throw a fiver his way towards damage on his bike and arm

I wonder how long it takes to get through an Almax??

Good on the guy for trying to stop them.  

It’s scary to see how thieves are not even scared to do their jobs on daylight inside an open shop… that’s how little they fear the police or sentence. I hope this video can reach the papers, what we need is more public awareness, only then politicians will move a finger to try to stop this.

This really is pretty shocking. I’ve parked in that very spot many times, there’s always a steady stream of shoppers walking past that point. The police really need to pull the finger out and sort this shit out, it’s getting beyond a joke now.

That’s pretty appalling.

Have Lakeside said anything about it? I bet it’s the sort of thing that their PR people would be very keen to keep quiet - it’s not just a motorcycle being stolen (which a lot of people wouldn’t care about), it’s a bunch of violent thieves in the car park who are willing to use violence against innocent people.

that’s shocking! unbelievable goes to show they know nothing it going to happen to them so why give a shit about what happens… 

This really is pretty shocking. I've parked in that very spot many times, there's always a steady stream of shoppers walking past that point. The police really need to pull the finger out and sort this shit out, it's getting beyond a joke now. Arfa

and I mean literally pull a finger - when police are holding guns

edit: just seen the video - absolutely shocking and scary. 

@OP can you contact your friend of FB and ask the video taker to open a crowd funding page? I will donate £5

Freeze frame of scroat … have uploaded all onto my facebook. Lets hope something gets done …

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

@OP can you contact your friend of FB and ask the video taker to open a crowd funding page? I will donate £5 CBR500R Commuter
Will do, the guy who filmed it is linked in the description (Robertas) - maybe worth messaging him too.
@OP can you contact your friend of FB and ask the video taker to open a crowd funding page? I will donate £5 CBR500R Commuter
Will do, the guy who filmed it is linked in the description (Robertas) - maybe worth messaging him too. cjrp

I am not on facebook so can’t and wont use these tools. I reiterate, i am more than happy to put a donation forth in the costs to fix the damage done to his bike because of his actions

No worries, I messaged the guy who’s bike it was to see if he wanted to set it up.

Video has been reposted on youtube:

Good on him.  I like to think I’d have done the same.  I’m not a watch it unfold in the shadows kinda guy.  For evil to triumph good must remain quiet.  Without his actions there may have been even less evidence.

I’ve sent the link to the ES see if they care a bit.

How about the mayor’s office?

http://intu.co.uk/lakeside/news/project-servator-at-intu-lakeside

Well that high profile Project Servator from Essex Police at Lakeside was a fat lot of use. 

Bunch of fuckers.
Good On the guy but would have stayed back and called the police. Then followed them.

Third almax chain seen grinded through now. Is it actually worth getting an almax chain?

Can’t work out how he broke his arm though. Did one of the thugs really hit him that hard?