Fun Bike for £3000 Ideas?

Right… I’ll make this easy.I Currently own a Fazer FZ6s 04 plate which is going to be sold very shortly.

I will be getting a 55 plate Honda CBF500 for commuting/wet weather duties…

Now… I will have £3000 available for a fun bike…

I don’t mind size, nakeds etc… something as a nice weather fun machine… It won’t be going near m’ways just town and B roads… sunny days out etc…

So far considering… Suzuki TL1000, Honda FMX??, KTM, Triumph Tiger…

What would you buy?

Easy question, difficult answer! Reckon for sh1ts and giggles it’s got to be a superretard…possibly a superduke??Or £1800 on a track bike and the rest on trackdays :slight_smile:

KTM Dukes… Hmmm… Never ridden one but had quite a few scare me s**tless when they come hooning past… Must admit I’m tempted but do I then become one of them?

Hehehe ask the BCR boys…I would not know… I have stayed away from the dark side.

Whats wrong with that? :smiley:

If it was my cash I’d be going for a KTM 625 or 660 SMC :cool:

do it get a supermoto:D

here is some reasons why:cool:

Seems the Supermoto is being pushed somewhat… Better get looking at the KTM ads then… (Only ever owned 1 single before… a Honda Dominator)

Unless anyone has a better idea…

Kawasaki ZX7R - beautiful looking bike - not as sharp and light as the latest sportsbikes but probably the better for it in terms of road (rather than track) riding. I haven’t owned or ridden one yet (so I could be typing total cobblers) but I reckon the kwak 7R is gonna be my next bike;).

tbh i’m not big into sports bikes BUT if i was to ever get one it would be a that bike:cool: probably not as good as a newer bike but from the day they made them till now they still look soooooooooooo cool;)

I’m 6ft 3… don’t really want a head down arse in the air bike… as much as the ZX7r is a great bike… It would be a bit cramped… shame…

Fair point - some people say that the ZX7R was designed for a man with two inch legs and four foot arms :slight_smile: - personally I’ll put up with the back ache because it’s sooo damned good looking - the engines bullet proof too. . .

I’m not sure what Superdukes cost, but if I had the cash for a weekend bike and the skill to ride it, it’d be either that or a nice Ducati Monster depending on what the first bike is.

KTM 640… ok…What about the Suzuki DR’s Honda Fmx or Yam XT660… Anyone had one of these… I can afford the Ktm 640 but just wondered… A Slightly newer plate alternative maybe… or not???

I have the XT660X. It’s the sensible option, but the propper supermoto guys will probably tell you it’s boring (less powerful and heavier I think). It’s my every day transport for comuting, so 6000mile service intervals and “luxuries” like a start button, an ignition key, indicators and mirrors are quite good for an daily runner.
I guess it depends how much you enjoy spending time in the garage compared to riding :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re looking at the pure “fun” options, don’t forget about the husky

adorable …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGvYVVipmTs

Don’t need to say more…

Motards are fun, the TL is kinda scary, I’ve had some bad boy motards and they are fun and if that’s all you want it for go for it, my only tip is get a set of off road wheels and do some motoX too as it is a great crack and a good way to get fit.

There is plenty of choice for that kind of money, if you looked and felt o.k about offering a little tlc you could get a tl and a motard, thing about the TL is they are set to be a classic and are about their money now so I don’t think you’ll loose money on it if you don’t like it.

[quote]
driesie (23/06/2008)

I have the XT660X. It’s the sensible option, but the propper supermoto guys will probably tell you it’s boring (less powerful and heavier I think). It’s my every day transport for comuting, so 6000mile service intervals and “luxuries” like a start button, an ignition key, indicators and mirrors are quite good for an daily runner.
I guess it depends how much you enjoy spending time in the garage compared to riding :stuck_out_tongue:
quote]

if i need a bike for every day it would be the xt660 btw i love working most weekends on my 660smc & it did have mirrors , indicators & a front light but i took them all off to make it faster:D the question you need to ask youself is… do you feel you are a super retard at heart;)

640lc4,

625smc lc4,

660smc lc4,

duke2 640lc4,

drz400sm,

honda xr650,

ccm r30,

ccm 644,

husqavana 510smr,

husaberg 650,

not sure its a moto till driesie lets us know what it is:rolleyes: the xt660x

most of these bikes you can pick up for under £3000

pm me if you have any questions m8

I was just kidding Dhofty :wink:
The guy I bought the XT from replaced it with a 950sm which he also uses for comuting every day and has no trouble with it at all.
Like you said to me when I got the bike, it’s not what bike it is, but how you ride it. If you ride it to the limit and tune it you’ll be fixing it, it’s like that with any bike.
As for if the XT is a motard, I don’t really care what people call it, I say it is because it makes me feel good :wink: but then again, it probably isn’t the way I ride it. The previous owner treated it like one and hence it’s needing a bit TLC now :wink: Hopefully soon I’ll be able to treat it like a propper supermoto too :wink: when’s that wheelie class? :w00t: Although I probably should learn bends and corners before moving on to wheelies and stoppies :wink:

Plenty on Autotrader under 3k

Attachments

media--8589873425179379550.jpg

My brother got a nice 2000 yamaha r6 for 2000 pound which he uses for trackdays but if you want a fun hooligan bike then go for a big 4 stroke supermoto with super sticky tyres.

My brother got a nice 2000 Yamaha R6 for 2000 pound but if you want a fun hooligan bike then buy a big 4 stroke super moto with super sticky tyres