Fuel contamination?

Hi everyone
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1:{behavior:url(#ieooui) } / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:“Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}Has anyone elseexperienced fuel contamination?

My bike, arelatively new one, wouldn’t start on Monday morning. Thinking I’d flooded it,I called the AA, who worked on it for an hour before giving up and the bike hadto be recovered to a workshop.

Theworkshop tell me there is diesel inthe petrol tank. :frowning:

I can’texplain this. I don’t have anything that runs on diesel, I don’t store diesel or have any contact with it, andI haven’t put any in the bike.

Recentevents have gone like this:

Last Thursdaymorning I filled up my bike – about half a tank’s worth – at a filling station on the way to London. The (warm) bikestarted again fine after filling, and I rode on to work.

Thatevening as I left for home, the bike was difficult to start, but Ieventually got the ignition to fire and then rode home.

Fri/Sat/Sun:I did not use the bike.

Mondaymorning: as I left for work, the bike had plenty of battery power, but theignition just would not fire. It wouldn’t start. I called the AA, who worked on it for1 hour before giving up and recovering the bike to expert repairers.

Therepairers report back that there is contamination in the petrol: specifically, theysay it is diesel.

I phoned the filling station, and themanager assured me that there’s been no problem of fuel contamination, no otherdrivers have reported a problem, and they have not switched the pump hosesaround, etc. For my own peace of mind I have also contacted the petrol companythat supplies the station, and I’m pleased to say they agreed to look into it.

Has thishappened to anyone before? How could it happen? I have got my receipt, and itconfirms I bought unleaded.

Thanks

where did you fill up?

Out to the west of London. Wd rather not be specific at this stage, esp as the company said they’d look into it.