Front wheel chock - advice sought please

I’m thinking of buying a wheel chock. There are a few variations, such as

Safety is my priority. No. 3 does not look stable as is has a narrower footprint than all the others. Have any of you used these, and if so, what things should I be considering please?

I’m not in a rush to buy.

1 Like

Been using this one for years with no issues. Has a small clip you push into place that stops the possibility of the wheel ramp moving and it is able to be fixed to a floor
https://www.ghostbikes.com/5076-black-pro-range-heavy-duty-wheel-chock-(b5076).html

for what purpose ? in a van , storage
1 looks like it will potentially mark the wheels with the depth of the foot

make sure the pivoting foot will not foul the belly pan in its operation ie too longer foot especially on sports bike

they do not fully support the bike by themselves you do get a lot of sideways movement if knocked so either paddock stand required or straps if leaving for long time

Use the first one in a van all the time,still need a couple of straps to support bike.

If in a garage, 2. I’ve used that type and they’re brilliant, can just ride in to it and get off the bike and it’ll stay up. The plate across the middle should have holes in it to bolt to the floor too.

It’s purpose is just for parking in my garage.

TimR - Belly pan fouling, that’s a good point, thanks. “…do not fully support the bike by themselves…” Oh heck, I wanted to just ride the bike into the garage on the chock, and chain it up.

What’s wrong with the side stand…?

If you’ve got a packed garage having a bike upright means it can take up less space.

but with a chock you still require the same space to be able to pull bike out of chock as you would on side stand to stand beside it

i personally would not rely on just front wheel chock for stability .
Why not a rear paddock stand ?

More faff. Front chocks are quicker and easier. I’ve used them before, no problems.