From a cop's point of view...

hands off, I’m spoken for :smiley:

i think you should raise the speed limit

30 is just way to slow,maby between 1100 and 0600 have 40 in 30 zones

but this is a Hypothetical question right?

I agree and disagree with this suggestion.

I agree that we should have variable speed limits, but not in 30 zones. 30 is plenty in built up areas.

However, on many roads where the speed limit is not the national speed limit it is unnecessary to have the same speed limit in the wee small hours.

A12, A13, A406 these three roads are all near to where I live and all three of them have a 40mph speed limit on them. I can understand why, given the rush hour traffic on them (not middle of rush hour, because at that time they are stationary, but just before and after particularly) and given the way the junctions and traffic lights work on sections of them, but really, they need to be 40mph at 2am? Sometimes they are 3 or 4 lanes wide.

Could safely make them 50-70 mph without causing any difficulty.

Too many people using mobile phones still.

Red traffic lights are being jumped regularly

And whats that left hand lane on a roundabout for, turning right?

Lack of indicators at most junctions or manouvres.

These 4 points are happening far too much now.

surely the old argument when stopped for driving offences ‘havent you got anything better to do?’ will crop up.

and if they start a crack down on minor traffic offences, driving standards etc how will it affect bikers?

how many bikers…

speed,

off side the keep left bollards,

go over the advanced stop line or stop line at a traffic light,

Undertake vehicles thinking its filtering,

have noisy ‘race only’ cans,

small number plates,

dark visors (darker than the legal limit),

have minor defects such as bulbs out etc ??? to name but a few

be careful what you ask for…:cool:

I don’t think bikers are that guilty of those offences. I don’t think undertaking is actually against the “rules” any more. Although I will admit to the stop line infringements being common place.

I would say though that I don’t think people were asking for the police to be petty, but to enforce the rules that are being broken that cause a hazard to other road users.

Just wondering how many cars are like that?

I’m amazed at the number of faulty lights that cars have. And the maddest thing I’ve seen in a log time was some guy could not be arsed to wait the 10 minutes in the queue for his turn out, and pulled out of the traffic and raced down the wrong side of the road passing four keep left signs, and then finally turning right after a quarter of a mile.

Yes the police need to have a crack down on traffic offences because they have become so prevalent because the police seem to ignore it.

hands up whos a copper here :slight_smile:

im guilty of everyone of them offences if im totall truthfull…and looking at it…i am taking the piss abit…but…if i was asked what i would like more from the police?..ide like to get pulled over more on the bike…just to get my details checked…i dont mind when it happends atall as they could do it to some scroaty with a nicked bike and get a result…I would like to see more Vans pulled over and checked…just to check details and what cargo the’re hauling…i’m really pro police …i know the shit they have to put up with and a few of my mates who are ‘job’ whould like to be able to do there job without members of the public disecting the’re every movement and start gobbing off when a scroat gets man handled to much…i mean…come on…let the boys do the’re job eh?..and when a peice of shit is behind bars (maybee alittle rough housed)…just smile and say thankyou…its the least you could do…after all…this is how we handled things in the british army.;).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlbAEl_dRgsmiled:cool:.

And too many car drivers smoking weed when driving (smell it as you ride by:angry: )

don’t be angry just stop and ask for a toke…

Must be a total fluke (unless someone with stripes is an LB’er) but saw more police on my commute in this morning. Even police on foot pulling over cyclists and yes, I couldn’t believe it but a biker was getting written a ticket on London Bridge for speeding!

“be carefull of what you ask for” - indeed!

but I must say, I was pleased to see this. On my way in this morning, just before London bridge at that almighty clusterfart of an intersection, a guy on a scrambler (not sure what make - about a 125 or something) zipped between cars, flicked to the right lane next to a truck and nearly knocked a girl off her bicycle (who admittedly was changing lanes) and then shook his head at her like it was her fault and how crazy she was. From where I was sat even with a full life saver she would have absolutely no chance of knowing that he was going to appear as he did doing twice (at least) the speed of all the other traffic.)

dude if you’re reading this, go and sit in the corner now. for the rest of the day.

i agree about the weed smoking, it always scares the shite outa me knowing somwhere ahead someone is off the head and should not be driving.

I hate the mobile phone issues, i think you should be banned from using a mobile full stop if u use it driving, i frightfully hate it and its soooooooooo common place on my commute down finchley road, if i only see 10 cars then its a slow day, the cops should be all over this.

The mobile phone thing as well is one of those rare occasions where I really wouldn’t mind if the police used it as a revenue stream. Make a few more coppers for the treasury may be it will cause the Con/Libs to go easier on the coming cuts, get out there and fine every single one of those tossers using their phones, as Rixxy says I see soo many people doing it every single day that the Police could make a mint.

I cant think of anyone?:Whistling:

Its alright for you lot that can muster the speed to be overtaking!:frowning:

:smiley:

Would like to see more buses and cabs pulled for bad driving practices. It seems to me that buses seem ‘protected’ by the law when it comes to motoring offences.

I THINK THE POLICE ALONG WITH PARENTS, HAVE HAD A LOT OF POWER TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM, AND TO MUCH PAPPER WORK FOR MINOR CRIME, A GOOD CLIP AROUND THE BACK OF THE HEAD SORTED IT ALL OUT.

TO MUCH HUMAN RIGHTS S$$T

BUT I DO BELIEVE POWER GOES TO SOME COPS HEAD:w00t:

I cant think of anyone?:Whistling:

Its alright for you lot that can muster the speed to be overtaking!:frowning:

:smiley:

i own up to

speed,

off side the keep left bollards,

go over the advanced stop line or stop line at a traffic light,

Undertake vehicles thinking its filtering,

I’d like to see the police respond to crimes a lot quicker