Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Win98se
Wise
Yourebarred
Zander
Zine last on the list unless…
Zorro signs on

Thank god for that.  An early morning breakfast run tomorrow is in order I think.

Morning flowers.

Domestic chores for me today,

I don’t know how much energy I have left

I’m on leave as of 15:30 today and I’ve gone de-mob happy already. The chances of them getting any decent work out of me today are approximately fekall.

Yo mofos have a glorious day!

Morning all so good to be on the bike

morning all 

Morning all.

morning all… work today, then off to see Dunkirk tonight, then weekend at the inlaws… 

Afternoon all!

Good film. Not the best but good. Certainly better than being with the in-laws :smile:

Good afternoon.  I have a stupid question for Friday: what should the pressure be of my rear tyre?

The manual says 29psi for up to 199lbs, and 41psi for 199lbs and above.  Between me, top box, and junk is somewhere over 200lbs, so have been pumping it to around 32psi.  Which had seemed fine.

The reason I ask is the tyre is not that old but the groove around the centre has worn down quite a lot, suggesting it is over inflated.  Yet yesterday I only put a light bag of shopping in the box, but when I got on the bike I felt it sink and the tyre looked to be sagging, suggesting it was under inflated.  Checking when cold it was 31psi, though.

What bike do you have?

YBR125 Custom.  I just want to be safe, given the previous tyres already injured me enough.

Leave it as 29 I reckon. A jump from 29psi to 41 seems a really large jump to me.

Personally if I’ve got luggage or even someone on the back I add a few psi to the rear. But I’m already running 4psi below what the manufacturer recommends.
It’s all about how a bike feels to you.

I now get the feeling that the 41 is a typo and he meant 31 because later he says 32…

Wear will also depend on tyre itself. You say not long on, but how many miles? And what tyre is it? I don’t know tyres as food/bad on 125 but maybe others can advise

Not a typo by me, that is what it says in the manual and the sticker on the chain guard.  So I am basically  doing what nivag says, just adding a few extra psi because it is such a big jump that it makes no sense to follow it literally.

I had Michelin City Pros put on at the start of March (the bike has a weird wheel size and it is the only brand with a tubeless tyre to fit, and apparently not for the front wheel any more) and done around 7k miles on them.  I should measure the tread depth and compare with the front tyre as that looks untouched.  Still enough to be safe to ride but I reckon it has lost half to three-quarters.

I would have been happy just to go back to 29 to see how that goes were it not for how worrying it was seeing the tyre sag.  Although I usually carry my chain, which weighs around 10lbs, in a tank bag, but when doing a hospital and shopping trip I just put it in the box.  So maybe I should just increase the pressure for those trips when the weight is less balanced?

Thanks.