Free First Aid Course for London Bikers

I can say for certain that this is a worth while thing to do, I took a trip down to Ashford last week with Essex Bikers and all eighteen that attended the three hour course found it a great experience. We were welcomed by people (Jim and the crew) that are as passionate about bikes and more than willing to pass on their knowledge to us, I can’t recommend this enough and would go on to say it’s a brilliant tool for any biker, to finish on apart from your time and a little petrol it’s free.

All the best John

email sent :slight_smile:

Thanks for the positive responses guys! With regard to the dispatch riding company, yes we would role it out to them but it would have to be in Kent as we are Kent Fire and Rescue Service and London Fire Brigade aren’t doing Biker Down at the moment (you could e-mail them and ask why not though?~) so it has to be done at a Kent Station. I have been approached by Merseyside, West Midlands, South Wales, West Sussex and Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Services who are all keen to adopt it so it may well spread Nationwide, also had an enquiry from the States and Canada! Will respond to ALL your e-mails tonight (between shouts :satisfied:)

Just e mailed now:) Sounds really worthwhile.

Damn would love to do this but it’s going to be difficult for me to get down there weekday evenings… :frowning:

E-mail me anyway and mark it specifically weekends, if I do run another weekend one I’ll make sure you are invited!

Jim

Well, I have a list of 14 people from London Bikers.com so far, so I will look at inviting you all on the same course! You’ll get a personal e-mail from and I’ll post on here about it when I have a date for you all.

Jim

Excellent. Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

Done, thanks Jim :slight_smile:

Excellent initiative Jim, email sent. :slight_smile:

Well done guys I now have 20 London Bikers signed up to attend a Biker Down Course, therefore I will invite you all on the same night so we can make a club event of it! Don’t worry if you can’t make the date I offer you at the time as I will ensure your name remains at the to of the list for the next one. We will be looking at a course in August or September. I shall e-mail you all individually and announce the date on here!

I’d love to sign up too please, no worries if it’s another date coz you are full.

thanks Jim.

I’ll get an email sent, once I’ve looked back through the thread.

No problem GSR as the maximum is 25 for a course so get that e-mail sent and I’ll make sure you’re on the list! :slight_smile:

Email sent last night, you should have had it by now.:ermm:

if I don’t get a reply from you I’ll assume I’ve sent to the wrong person and try again.

ta.

email sent :smiley:

Great idea, email sent too :slight_smile:

Responded to all 3 of you :):smiley:

Hi all

I now have prospective date for you all to attend BIKER DOWN : THE 10TH OCTOBER! I shall be in touch with you individually to formally extend an invite which will have full instructions on times location etc. If you are unable to make this date don’t worry as I will keep you on the list and invite you to another one, but with plenty of advance warning I am hoping many of you will be able to make it! If you haven’t already then remember to search for ‘Kent Fire Bike’ on face book to find out more and keep in touch and I am still hoping to make it to Borough Market one Wednesday soon!

Jim:D

i’ve been showing a few the first aid kit jim :wink: and pointing them in your direction

Hi

PM sent, very interested :wink: