France Ride - August 26th

After the recent success of the Londonbikers.com French Rideout there is another one planned and will be taking in

“A TWO NIGHT STAY IN ST OMER”.

August 26th Bank Hoiliday Weekend

The details are as follows :=

Using the EuroTunnel

The departure time you are aiming for is 08.44 on the 26th (Sat)

The Return time you are aiming for is 21.33 on the 28th (Mon)

Prices are approx £65

http://www.eurotunnel.com/

The area we are planning to stay in is St Omer which has a beautiful location with everything you are going to need in the surrounding areas and is a fantastic base for planned Rideouts in any direction that will include superb scenery and top condition roads through open countryside and coastal views that are picture postcard quality

http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/index.html

The accomodation will be modest and with (Formule 1) which have outlets through Europe. The facilitys are basic but they are clean and well managed and have the parking space we need and are very Biker Friendly.

As you can see from the price guide you will be paying no more that approx (28 euro,s per night)

The Hotel booking is negotiable in the respect of you can either do that now or wait to see if we can get a deal on a mass booking !!

(I have to phone back in approx 10 days)

“Edit” PHONE CALL 19.17HRS (NO DEAL DUE TO POPULARITY SO BOOK NOW)

The arangements will remain the same as the last trip (meeting points, leaving times and travel stops)

The guys in Maidstone to be met will make the same arrangment as before.

TIMETABLE =

CUBANA = (approx) 05.30am meet on the morning of the 26th departing 06.10am (Sharp) !!

MAIDSTONE = A brief stop at the Services to pick up the remaining members (approx 30mins)

FOLKESTONE = Arrival and Booking and Boarding 08.14am

In Folkstone you will have plenty of time to collect Currency and other Supplies you think you may have forgotten and in Charlys case “stock on stella” !!

The Crossing takes approx 40 mins where you will be travelling in the Carriage with your Bike and Belongings.

(see gallerys)

I URGENTLY STRESS THAT BOOKING THE EUROTUNNEL AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE TIME IS A MUST. THESE PLACES GO VERY QUICK AND BEING A BANK HOLIDAY IT WILL BE EVEN MORE POPULAR.

The last French Trip was superb, a fantastic experience with people of all abilitys and skill. The respect from the other road users, food and location was unbelievable which made it a trip not to be missed so get booking to make sure you dont miss this one.

(REMINDER) =

(The eurotunnel trains run aprox every 40 mins so if booking on a different train at a different time will not be a problem as the group will wait to muster up and leave together when in Calais)

DO NOT MAKE OTHER THREADS/POSTS ABOUT THIS FRANCE TRIP!!! WE HAD 5 TOPIC POSTS LAST TIME AND HAD PROBLEMS ON THE DAY BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDNT SEE THE INFORMATION ON OTHER POSTS!!!

ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD AND WE SHALL KEEP A RUNNING TOTAL CLOSER TO THE TIME OF PEOPLE BOOKED, TIMES, ECT. ONE POST ONLY PLEASE !!!

As Barro said you will have time to change your money into currency but as being a bank holiday i suggest you should change your currency before the weekend due to the fact that there will be a lot of people there this time of year.

im up for this Barro so eurostar it is

sorry charly no bar again but bring plenty of boose lol.

Great work Barro in finding the hotel just what we need from under £20 per night on them day but remember book fast

Im Booked and so is the Flatster !!!

littlemissroadrage = booking this afternoon…shes in the nail salon !!!

what in the hotel as well

ill be booking tomorrow are we staying in the same hotel in all the time we are there

reserved our room, will pay for euro next week! This is going to be good!!!

link for hotel is on the original thread chaz but I was waiting to get back to them in ten days with a figure as to how many and they were going to do me a deal !!..looks like everyones steaming in for themselves though so book the st omer one

Edit… 18.51hrs … I have just contacted hotel and they have 45 rooms left for our dates and they said they are very popular so they CANNOT offer me a deal at this time so I suggest you get booking now !!

Formule 1 Hotel…Argues St Omer

(under the Calais link in the Formule 1 site)

The link to their site is in original post !!!

Example…Double room with Double Breakfast x Two Nights = 59 euro !!!

pm sent !

Chaz…all the details are on the link to Formule 1…its per room !!

they charge you by the room but for a triple its the same price as a twin or single barro

yes ginge…its per room…

(what a character !!..all you got to worry about is keeping off the pavement !)

point taken ill shut up but im

so who the heck is going as it looks like me, barro, charlie sean + lady p flaster and who else

im booked got two pairs of clean pants, im ready

CONFIRMED BOOKINGS

1. Barro

2. Charlie

3. Ginger

4. Sean / Lady P

5. Flatster

6. Littlemissroadrage

I am defo up for this after the last french trip, i am probably going to be going on my own so how are we booking the rooms? i take it the rooms sleep 3 ?

maybe we need a post of who has booked a room and who is kipping with each other???

Danno Danno …

Read the page covering the rooms via the link on the original post…it will all come clear !!

As for people oiking up with others then its a matter of personal choice…

The list is people with confirmed bookings…

ie… Travel and Hotel !!

If you dont want to book a room and want to lodge with someone else then the list is the place to decide who ya gonna pm with that request !

CONFIRMED BOOKINGS

1. Barro

2. Charlie

3. Ginger

4. Sean / Lady P

5. Flatster

6. Littlemissroadrage

ok im booked prob have a passenger but not decided yet

CONFIRMED BOOKINGS

1. Barro

2. Charlie

3. Ginger

4. Sean / Lady P

5. Flatster

6. Littlemissroadrage

7. zephyr steve + 1

Nooooooooo !

I’m going to be in Italy until the 31st August !!

Z