Forum Etiquette

stuff that keep LB as it is with the mixture of talk without power loving mods bashing away on their keyboards.
dont take the p!ss as kids could be on here but then dont get all picky as some members on here do over gamma and the format of posts

I think this forum functions perfectly well without having any stated rules.

In my opinion and experience, adding written and specified rules generally leads to a decline in the value of a forum. The best forums work by the majority enforcing the social norm.

Well somebody has to remind them to take the wet wipes:D

@ Red - I’m glad you think that to be the case but there are rules which have been around for years now :slight_smile: However they are only referred to when things get out of hand and I hate to think we or the mods ‘lord’ them over everyone.

@Shiver - ‘power loving mods’? Surely you aren’t talking about the current team?

So overall you two at least seem ok with the way things are then? good stuff and thanks for the comments.

I like breaking rules :smiley: :wink:

Why fiddle with summin that ain’t broken is my motto! :smiley:

There were problems on another site I visit because a small number of saddos complained about ‘thread hijacking’. What they had to remember, which pointed out to them by a few of us, was that threads run like conversations on a face to face basis. People will sometimes reply to a comment made in one of the posts and another conversation will run from that. Its natural progression and people who can’t deal with that will find themselves standing alone at the pub! :smiley:

I think a certain amount of etiquette is required, but this is expected in life anyway. There’s a healthy level of banter on here and people occasionally have heated discussions, which have on occasion gone slightly to far with regards to genuine name calling etc, but generally its controlled by banter and a light hearted view from readers.

As a newbie, I was welcomed on the site and I still see that happening. OK I rarely go on the newbie bit and welcome people but that’s cos I’m lazy. But when they start posting I rarely see their post count and treat them the same as everyone else…so hopefully that in itself will make them feel welcome.
Going to the newbie nights are a good idea, but can be very daunting, even for someone like me and I’m a gob-shite! :smiley:

I think the mods do well…mainly cos I ain’t got a flamin scooby who they are. :smiley:

haha…! just like your sig! :smiley:

nope no problems with the mods on this forum i was talking about other one i use to be on

as long as i can spam freely im cool! :smiley:

Even better news! :slight_smile:

eti wot?..this is landon not 'artfordshiiiire…so long as no one gets too lemon its all good…aye:D:D:D:P

yeah they all have 1000cc+ bikes :smiley: :hehe: