For those with eBike insurance

In case you’ve missed the email.

“As a valued customer of eBike Insurance which is managed by Brightside Group, we want to advise you that the eBike Insurance website is still undergoing essential works as the result of a perimeter security breach. Although no customer data was compromised by this breach, we took the website down as a precaution, but you can still get in touch with us by telephone to manage your insurance policy.
We have set up a freephone number 0333 222 4560 for you to call if you have any questions. We apologise that you are unable to deal with us online at the moment.
We want to reassure you that your data is safe and has not been affected and that no customer data has been taken. We are working hard to ensure that our websites continue to be secure, that means that the eBike Insurance website will remain offline until full external testing has been fully completed and we have taken any necessary remedial action. We hope that the site will be fully operational later next week.
We remain committed to providing you with the very best customer service at all times, and if you would like to discuss your account, please call us on freephone number 0333 222 4560 or email [email protected] and the team will be happy to help.”

I’ve been trying to view my policy docs for over a month but the site says it is down for maintenance. Click on the ‘contact us’ tab and you get a blank screen, the only way to contact them is by phone charged at £1.02 per minute but having read from others it’s nigh on impossible to get through to anyone. They appear to be ignoring emails I’ve sent to their customer services dept. this week, I had an off last month and tried to report it to them but got a reply directing me straight to the underwriter.
Anyone know what’s going on with them? Bit of a pisstake that their entire business model is internet based yet you can only contact them by using a premium rate phone number (if you’re lucky). AFAIA the site has been down since October.

I agree with the above, and if you read all the latest reviews they are all 1 star because you cannot get through.

They sent me a renewal quote out and although they we by far the lowest I paid an extra £70 to get my policy elsewhere.

There is a free number set up 0333 222 4560, so you don’t need to pay £1.02/min. Managed to change my address over phone, however it took a month to receive an updated policy. Not sure what’s going on there, but it’s been at least couple months since website went down.

I’ve renewed my insurance with them about a month before the problems began :ermm: Luckily, I had no need to contact them since then, but this sounds troubling. That is quite an extensive period of time to be down. It usually takes weeks, not months, to recover from a security breach. Either people working on the problem are a tad incompetent, or something else is going on.

Thanks, will give that try as they are not answering my emails. I have read on other forums that when people phoned this number there was a recorded message redirecting them to a premium line, not sure if that was when the site first went down or more recently though. It’s now been down for 3 months, they must have lost a tonne of business and they aren’t coming up on Go Compare quotes anymore.