Focus Guy Focus!

When in town, these thoughts are constantly in my head, i dont recite it loudly tho, that would require more concentration and take away my reaction time i think, when i couriered i was doing this everyday for 10hrs a day 5 days a week, it worked for me as i never had 1 accident( well i did but it didnt involve cars!).

constantly asses everything you see/notice, then once passed it onto the next one, chazhead makes some very good points in the bits i highlighted, exactly what you should be looking for, also…relax! dont tesne up when riding.

ipods with ONE earhone in are great for concentration, when couriering i alwasy had mine playing slipknot! kept me sharp and awake!:smiley:

out in the lanes, adrenaline keeps me sharp, plus as in the OP im goign at a pace i dont have time to think about ‘other’ things, all i am thinkig about is how far ahead can i see and what hazarda are!:slight_smile: there and whats the next bend doing:)

it comes with practice and experience, takes time if you regaulary find yourself drifting off put the bike away, or you will have a accident, and belive me waiting till you have an accident to sharpen you up is not good as it may well be your last.

Thinking in a language, that is talking to yourself I supose, slows you down. Just try to become aware of everything without talking to yourself about it. The last thing we need on the bike is to slow the brain down.

Ok so I tried a different route home this evening. Didn’t feel like I lost focus once :smiley:

Being in unfamiliar areas kept my mind sharp and on the road.

Need to find a few more routes I reckon

funny post.

i dont think i’ve ever had this problem, actually riding is the best thing i know to keep my mind empty from any thoughts and completely focussed on the road.

ipod, chewing gum and adrenaline kicks in, no time to think.