Flourescent jacket

I wouldn’t consider London commuter without one, winter or summer. I find it makes a big difference.

Hi Vis in these darker morning/evenings is a sensible choice. I am going to be putting it on again even though I have a bright yellow bike!

gotta be done this rime of year, its the only thing the lipstick and shaver at lights brigade may notice

I’ve just started wearing mine again now it’s started to get light later and dark earlier, more for the reflectives than the hi-vis though.Got mine here - http://www.redoakdirect.com/ all sorts and colours available (even black) but I find the zipped ones are better on the bike than the velcro fastening ones, they don’t flap about so much.

I got one last year from poundland, it was £1

EM

I usually wear a hi viz waistcoat when commuting in the winter, especially as my bike and gear are black.

Also in favour. Not particularly stylish but hey - I ride a GSX750F, I know nothing about style :smiley:

I have a dirt cheap waistcoat one, sort of mesh material, came from a workwear supplier for about a quid. The waterproof jacket style ones are probably even more noticeable but I expect they’re not particularly breathable so I might wait until the coldest and darkest depths of winter before going down that route.

Cheers,
Duncan

Looks like i’m going to have to get something, I like the one with it all built-in in the piccies or possibly the whiteband.

Thanks folks, I feel better about the whole concept now.

Hey,

Buttonmonkey, what is the make of the jacket you are getting?

Cheers

I know people at work have used this company http://www.hivis.net/c1/Hi-Vis-Jackets

Jeez looks like were gonna have Dayglo derek and his merry men massive now :D:D

It’s the Hein Gericke HG Cruise GTX Daylite jacket £300.

Alta-ego i’m selling on of these same ones if your interested.
very new!.

PM’d you my friend.

thank you.

I think Ikea do one for a quid or two also. I have one somewhere that will be worn when the clocks change and it gets darker.

Saw a guy wearing a full dayglow romper suit this morning; not such a good look on a chopper… :hehe:

What one of these;

Attachments

Phantom01_2008.jpg

The only reason that I’m not wearing my high viz jacket or H band is, as someone else told me, if they can’t see that nice bright light that you have on the front of the bike, how the hell are they going to see a “yellow” jacket!

1 you might stop along the road (and have your light off)
2 people behind you notice you much earlier

EM

I bought myself a pair of red-camouflage draggin jeans (with a safety-pair of leggins underneath) earlier this year and they work great. My colleagues are almost blinded every morning I come in.

Two things that go into my room 101 are definitely yellow-high-vis-jackets and L plates. Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

And I second the thing with the big bright light at the front.
I’m taking the A13 every morning and if someone can’t see the high-beam of my bike they won’t see anything else anyway.

If they were behind you?

[quote]
SteveCBR11XX (24/09/2008)

IJeez looks like were gonna have Dayglo derek and his merry men massive now [/quote]Now that has given me an idea…:cool: