First big bike

I had a sit on the Gladius, it seemed a bit small.

However, the thing that put me off most was the gladius website. It tells you what colours to wear and how to accessorise whilst riding.

I couldn’t tell if it was taking the ****…

To be honest there isn’t really a bad middleweight Jap bike these days so it comes down to what fits you & what you like the look of.

If you’re selling your bike first, then you’ve got a couple of weeks to wander around dealers, check them out for fit & ask for test rides & see what offers they can make.

Sounds like you’re set on a new bike which for £4k will limit your choice, but if you also look at 1 year old ones you’ll pretty much have a free choice of them & I think all the Japanese dealers do a 2 year warranty these days so you’ll still be covered in the event of a mechanical problem.

Hi,

I went for the Honda CBF500A as my first bike… You’ll easily pick up an ABS model for that money… Great bike to start off on and you can’t beat that Honda reliability… Dobles in Coulsdon did me a good deal. Ask them for a test ride and see how you get on.

Just a suggestion,

Jason

Passed my test last August and bought a s/h Bandit, one of the last oil cooled ones. 8k miles l:)ater and it hasn’t missed a beat. For tall and wide riders like me it’s comfy. Go on buy one, you wont be disappointed.