First big bike insurance

Going to have to go for the £900 odd quote it seems, as I just purchased a new Matt Grey MT07…

Going to have to go for the £900 odd quote it seems, as I just purchased a new Matt Grey MT07... Redwez
now you need to spend a fortune stopping the aspiring footballers getting there grubby hands on it

Try upping your excess on your insurance to say £1000.00 then take out excess insurance say from “Shortfall” (that’s who we used) for a £1000 and it was £39.00 for the year.  Did this the first year with MCE on a Triumph Thunderbird after having 2 Theft claims in 3 yrs. insurance was originally £2500 got it down to £1500, so a saving of a grand for £39.00.  I’m surprised no one here mentioned it as it was here someone advised me!

Dizzx

Dizz that’s worth looking at!

https://shortfall.co.uk/excess-insurance/51  Dizzx

I was quoted that with 6 years NCD and riding for 15 years :slight_smile:

managed to find one for £846 including european travel and legal covers. £675 excesses.  not too shabby.

@Dizz37 Might not always be an option. MCN e.g. set your excess to £2000 or so and you don’t even have an option to lower it.

So true just took policy with mce excess is 1500 value of bike 3000,however the actual cost for insurance is 111 all the others were coming in at 250+

That’s good, my first bike after passing DAS was Triumph Daytona 675 and cheapest I had was £2.4K!

Mind you that was in north London with driveway parking :confused: