first aid course specifically for BIKERS - st johns ambulance

girls and guys, i gotta tell you about the course, it was run by st john ambulance in reading last week - 9 am to 1pm for £40 and i learnt so much…about recovery positions and helmet removal (yes you can, if person not breathing…to do mouth to mouth resuscitation).i’ now confident in my new found skills, but obviously don’t want to use them.

see on line for their next course. it was truly great.

have to agree with this. the course is really good and a really good intro to first aid as well!

Python is a first aider as well so he lets me practice on him…

I am quite interested in this having last done anything similar nearly 20 years ago, but I would rather not have to travel so far for it. Is nothing like this done in London?

have a look on their website - they do one in st johns wood every saturday!

Yep cannot recommend First Aid training enough; just think, some of the roads you travel can be deserted for ages and with no immediate help - even with what little your remember from the course - a little could save a life.

A moto from the Emergency First Response Instructor Course I took a few years back courtesy of the Scuba Diving I do through PADI is:

“you can’t get deader than dead!” well you can’t can you; but you could revive someone!

The St Johns website gave me the five places I gave when I tried to book the motorcycle first aid course (and the earliest date they gave was 22 September) so which website should I be looking at?

well you dont have to do the motorcycle one, you could also do the general one - an idea would be to give them a call.

as a note… never remove the motorcycle helmet as that may cause more damage unless it is absolutely necessary!