Fines for riding without full protective gear

lol, nice 1.

Remind us where you live Whistler?:smiley:

you are clearly perfect, please remind me not to sit next to you in the pub…

You’ve clearly never met Mel have you? :smiley:

I think you might regret that statement had you done so;):smiley:

Go and find something to do with your time you prat…

You expect Couriers to ride around for 10hours/100miles a day in full kit in London in this weather??
Courier or commuter your going to be able to ride better and alerter if your cool, relaxed and hydrated. The sweating, hot, de-hydrated mess of a rider you paint is a recipe for making mistakes and getting into a accident in the first place.

I rode around today in combats, boots, open face Multitec, fingerless gloves and a T-shirt. Hope I caused you great annoyance and rage if you did see me.

End message.

Bullocks to it i’m gonna ride everywhere naked.
:w00t:

You can’t beat a good wind-up for some lively posts.

AT LAST !!!.. I had great fun reading replies particularly the one who accuses me of being a “muppet”:D:D

Thanks for the polite reply…now,You f$ck off and find out what “tongue in cheek” means…that way you might spot it the next time;):smiley:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear…I’ve just laid my kit out for today and will attach a photo to show I’ve got bigger balls than you…I only wear this on the 600 obviously. I tend to use leather sandals if I go out in the 1100;)

Attachments

bike-gear.JPG

OK todays non contentious topic,Should all prospective new parents be required to have intelligence tests to avoid a generaton of moronic children?:cool:

Certainly…and if they fail the test they should be sterilized (at least).

If the moronic children are planning to wear flip flops on when riding the bike… then yes! :smiley:

HAHAHAHAHA. I am clearly perfect! Except for the dungeon where i tie my victims up and tickle them!! :smiley:

Tickle?

This reminds me of yesterday morning…

I daw a guy on a scooter, who was keen on overtaking and undertaking cars, riding in a t shirt, jeans and trainers. Now, that’s down to him if that’s how he wants to ride…

However, riding pillion, barely holding grip on him was a young schoolgirl of about 10 in a summer dress and a helmet. And that was it.

That annoyed me. And in that kind of situation, I think maybe a fine or something would make him think twice about his daughter’s safety.

as a great man once said, you can’t fix stupid

And as Charley pointed out in this weather wearing full protective gear would be courting a crash from dehydration.

So who’s stupid now?

[quote]
Sickpup (03/06/2009)

And as Charley pointed out in this weather wearing full protective gear would be courting a crash from dehydration.

So who’s stupid now?[/quote]

Errmmmm…:slight_smile:

+1 Charly :smiley:

Rode around today wearing:

• proper boots
  • long trousers
  • gloves
  • helmet
  • high viz t-shirt

When German bikers snub me for wearing a t-shirt, I like to point out that it’s better than to be seen and not get knocked off, than not beeing seen because you’re in all black and having some twat pull out in front of you.

I blame excessive heat for the one accident I had couriering. Being overheated really clouds up your judgment, you can’t afford that in urban warfare conditions.

Being seen is the first step of passive safety… If anyone wants a few of these t-shirts (i have three so I always have a clean one) you can order them from kraehe.de:

They really are the mutt’s nuts for summertime. I’m thinking about getting something printed on the back of mine.