Finchingfield run for me today

Yay Rixxy. Terrific bloke. Was very helpful to me at Parc Motor 2017.

1 Like

Was out with a cyclist today who was also there yesterday around midday. Reckoned he saw 4 police speed traps including one hiding in a hedge.

I defo never saw any, but anyone heading that way might want to double check their speed on approach / leaving the village.

The favourite speed trap locations are all south of Finchingfield closer to their Dunmow base. The one to watch out for is the Police Lady Mo’cyclist who blends in with the Fyfield Post Office window display. I always give her a nod, seen her there 4 or 5 times now she must do good trade because if you don’t know she’s there you’ll never see her until its too late. Rodings Primary School car park at Leaden Roding is another favourite as is the lay-by round the corner on the A1060, came through there a couple of years back with a group of Francs mates on their R1’s and three of them picked up speed awareness courses and that was after I warned them where the traps would most likely be.

Can’t recall ever seeing any on the B1057 but I wouldn’t rule it out. I passed a mobile camera van on the A12 at an indicated 75 on Thursday, think I’m safe.

Second the school layby in Leadon Roding, bunch of us all got pulled over there by cops a few years ago. They fed us coffee and bacon butties, before proceeding to tempt us all with a BikeSafe course. We then got to watch them give a ticket to a chap haring through the village in a convertible. Was a good ride out. :slight_smile:

I got pulled in there too. When I said I’d done RoSPA they said “Cool. Stay and have a burger” :+1:

I read a post that all roads into Finchingfield have Police speed cameras on yesterday. I certainly wouldn’t have ventured into the hot spot when there’s so many other roads to ride.

1 Like

Or, just stick to the limits around Finchingfield :slight_smile:
Lovely roads, lovely spot, nice grub, .loads of bikes, what’s not to like?

1 Like

We did the unclassified roads from Sibel Hedingham in, the A1053 out and the B1057 loop to and from Haverhill in between and the only Police presence we saw was the 5 officers hanging around chatting on the far side of the village green ford. Maybe they’d hit their quota for the day.