Finally decided on a new bike

Think I will be getting myself a nice easy rider cruiser in the form of The GILERA COGUAR :D:D:D

What’s your thought’s of this machine???.. there’s still enough time for me to get a different bike if it gets slated that much!,ha

ermm :blink: i had to look it up

looks interesting… :Whistling:

Yeah… it did take awhile for me to come across that bike!, it’s an 02 model and is cheap as chips to run, perfect for just getting around from A to B… now all I need is to find myself some sunday summer wheels.

out of intrest dude, why are you looking only at 125’s? CBT only?

are you mad?

those bikes suuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkk… even for a 125!!!

Hiya,

Out of interest (and because I did a lot of research on 125s a couple of months ago when buying mine), any reason you have gone for this model?

You can get a Yamaha SR125 (albeit not so cruisery) 02 for about £650:

Or a Kawasaki Eliminator for about a grand:

Or even, if that’s your bag - Honda’s Harley-a-like 125 - the Rebel (CA125) for about £1300:

Thats a SR500 if im not mistaken !

[quote]
buck (24/03/2009)

Ooh yurrr - well spotted :smiley: SR125:

humm i like that sr 500 :slight_smile:

sr 125 is a good bike to…

That Kwak doesn’t look too bad… I like the proportions.

The cougar does seem like the worst of the bunch I have to say.

I have owned 2 Kymco Zing 125’s and rode a Honda CA124 rebel. Both great bikes, the honda has a great engine.

Cougar build quality does seem dire hence why they are so cheap. Sorry mate.

for 125’s these are the pick of the bunch for me…

Attachments

aprilia280306_77819.jpg

Ah the Yam SR125 - great bike - cos I did my CBT on one and rode one for a couple of months and passed my restricted licence on one - never missed a beat and very cheap to run and insure.

Nice bikes but I bet you get raped on insurane for those models.

very true, my mate danielle loves her one shes keeping it even when her new bike arrives!:smiley:

hmmmm… none of those bikes look like a hornet to me…!! :smiley:

True… but my journey has gone from a SR125 to a ZX6R Ninja :cool:

Hmmm, yeah I think your all right… I dont know what was wrong with me finding the Coguar attractive, must have been monday-flu clouding my senses!.Ratty — Indeed matey I am only on a CBT at the moment, I did sell my Yammy R125 to get some money together to pass my full test and put towards a bigger bike… but now im in the middle of changing jobs so there’s more imortant (but less fun) places I have to direct the dollars at the moment.

Ideally though, im looking for a cheap 125 Super-Moto style bike for around the £1000 mark… Pref a Yammy so I dont have to go changing my user name :D:D:D:D

How about an XT125X? I have one going for around that price…

I prefer the Yamaha R125 over the Aprilla. Has the reliability become better on the Aprillas?