Fell off my bike for first time :(

Yip…had the same thoughts when I came off my divvy 3 yrs ago…“Ah sh*te, this is gonna hurt…just go with the flow and hope no one drives over me!”. :w00t:

Cept when you have a biggun…then its “eff off asphalt not nice meeting you here” !! :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad your ok. Given the weather yesterday it was as the others have said it was probably due to oil/diesel on the roads. Do buses turn there as well? If so they are one of the biggest culprit of diesel on the roads.

TYRES TYRES TYRES. OIL OIL OIL!!!

Don’t worry about it too much, change the tyres and get on out there again.

Remember that if it is has been dry for a while and then rains it gets slippery.

Yesterday wasn’t as bad as the Wed before last, when it had been dry for ages, then rained just enough to coat the road and stopped. I was spinning the back up like nobody’s business…horrible (when you’re not trying to do it!)

Glad you’re OK. Don’t worry, most of us have done the same thing at one time or another. Get some decent rubber and get back out there. :slight_smile:

Yeah, great when you mean to do it but a bit heart in the mouth when you don’t.

Well ive only been riding for about two years now, im sure ill have a biggun one day,(it seems everyone does) hopefully the asphalt is all i’ll meet.

Yeah :smiley:

It’s like…“Hey Afro, come down here and slide a while…Let me also introduce my mate…Mr. Trap…First name Gravel”

If anyone is interested, some interesting insight into the levels of grip in this article.

http://www.saferrider.org/get-a-grip

Don’t jinx yourself!

best thing to do if you can afford it get onto a few track days and learn and gain confidence you can throw yr bike around alot more

good thing to get is a bike with a steel frame nice and cheap less prone to breaking up and easy to repair and weld may not look the ****** at the track day but u can make it look good and if ya any good you could whip some flash bikes arses if you drop it it dont matter coz its not yr pride and joy main road bike