Farringdon road heading onto Blackfrairs Bridge

So anyone who know’s that area as it is at the moment would know it is a warzone with all the road works…

However last night as I’m waiting on Farringdon road to go onto the bridge, I noticed a sign on the side of the road saying “Major road works to commence from the 9th of March”…

If what they have already put in place it not considered major, what the hell would be! it’s going to be a car park if it gets any worse

That may be down to the Station improvements and the bridge works going in at the top of Queen Elizebeth Street.

Glad i’m not based there anymore!!!

That may be down to the Station improvements and the bridge works going in at the top of Queen Elizebeth Street.

Glad i’m not based there anymore!!!

Marmablade
I'll see how it goes, if it gets any worse I'll be finding a new route home!

I suspect it’s the Cycle Superhighway, that point is where the two new ones intersect and also where the one along Embankment somehow has to cross from one side of the road to the other.  Luckily I can avoid that route but I was very disappointed to find all those bike parking bays in the middle of the road vanish!  I bet they don’t come back :frowning:

The ones on embankment came back - but I think they were a bit smaller than before.

So anyone who know's that area as it is at the moment would know it is a warzone with all the road works..

However last night as I’m waiting on Farringdon road to go onto the bridge, I noticed a sign on the side of the road saying “Major road works to commence from the 9th of March”…

If what they have already put in place it not considered major, what the hell would be! it’s going to be a car park if it gets any worse

The Sleeper
Sadly the 'warzone' is not limited to Farringdon ... most of London is a nightmare, with the roadworks / cycle path upgrade.

Try navigating around Elephant & Castle!!!

So anyone who know's that area as it is at the moment would know it is a warzone with all the road works..

The Sleeper
Sadly the 'warzone' is not limited to Farringdon ... most of London is a nightmare, with the roadworks / cycle path upgrade.

Try navigating around Elephant & Castle!!!

zine
Funny I had to on Monday night! it was bad before the work, but have to say even worse now...

I used to work on Farringdon Road, and have now moved south to Blackfriars Road.  Either way, the road is a mess!!