Farewell folks.

Just wanted to say goodbye to you all before we relocate to Singapore next week.
I had a blast in London for the last 10 years and enjoyed the rideouts with you all.

Not sure if I will be riding Singapore- bikes are hugely expensive (double the UK) and there isn’t much countryside to enjoy either.

Anyway- keep it shiny side up and I might be back some time after 2021.

1 Like

and there’s less ice to dent your pride.

Best of luck for the future

Good luck and stay in touch !!

Enjoy, l hear it is a fine city, where they have fines for everything

best of luck to you & your lady 

Have a good one and if you need a bike fix plenty of dirt bike riding in nearby countries.

Just come back from my second trip to Singapore, my other half has family out there, we did discuss going out for 3-4 years until our little one starts school.

We also went to Kuching to see family, and surprisingly found a nice couple of bike shops, and the roads around the coast could rival some costal UK roads)

Just come back from my second trip to Singapore, my other half has family out there, we did discuss going out for 3-4 years until our little one starts school.
We also went to Kuching to see family, and surprisingly found a nice couple of bike shops, and the roads around the coast could rival some costal UK roads)
djmrmagic
I'm calling dibs on storing your bikes while away.   I'll even take them for a spin if you ask nicely ;-)

He’s already sold them BL. 

My sister was out there for 3 years with her husband. Only downside they found is they got fat from all the good food and weather. Every evening was a choice between the gym or a pool side beer. The beer usually won.

and there's less ice to dent your pride.
Best of luck for the future
National Treasure
I'm never living that down, am I? :)

i actually came across the photos of that day and had to remind me what they were from … oh yeah …

All the best! I’m sure it will be amazing. The food is so good there!

Good luck… hope you will not disappear from my FB!

R

Good luck x

Thanks folks.

I’ll still be on FB and occasionally drop in and say hi here.

We have looked into bikes in Sinkers and it is a complete non-starter.
A 2017 GSA would cost me $50k SGD, which is about £27k.
£10k more than a new one is here and that doesn’t include to COE which would be another $10k.

Madness.

Could you not temporary import one then forgot to export it? :wink:

Singaporean government are quite strict, so wouldn’t think so.

Would struggle get get it insured that way too.

All you need is a c90 cub

Hi people,

aaaaaaaaaand now we are coming back.

After a year in the tropics we’re moving back to Europe and I can resume motorcycling.
Have ordered a bike which will turn up in August when I am back.
Bikes are insanely expensive here and besides it was too hot to be on a bike, so I never bothered, although I did (eventually) get my license.

Hope all is well with you lot and hopefully see you on a rideout.
Site looks different- are the same people about?

HT.

2 Likes