Fancy an LB photo day in town?

I’d definitely be up for that be a good way to get back into photography.

:smiley:

so, photo positions. I suggest southbank after dark. I’ll be lugging a tripod that people can borrow and a gorillapod too

I think I still have film for my Holga, am happy to bring it along if people want to try out some Lomograghy.

I havent used my camera for yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears either! :smiley:

Count me in too, let us know when :slight_smile:

Sounds intriguing, would like to know more details.

Great Idea,

I will bring my girlfriend to take the pictures. Which day?

Well I haven’t thought about a date yet but it sounds like enough people are interested in principle at least.

I’ll repeat for those not reading the whole thread; it isn’t a ride-out or bike based thing. Just a group wandering around taking photos and possibly the odd pint here and there. I strongly urge you to avoid having to lug helmets or waddle in bike gear for a day - you’ll not enjoy it for sure.

Nor is it a tuition day. I’m sure the more knowledgeable amongst us will share that knowledge with those less clued up but it isn’t a workshop or summat like that.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a ‘posh’ camera either, all you need is a willingness to stand around waiting for the photo to come to you, to wander aimlessly looking for it and then to snap it when you see it.

First person to say “is it home time yet” gets thrown in the river.

Is it home time yet :w00t:

I think it would be good to put together some interesting photo shoot locations together.

Like at night the southbank have all the lit up train archways and the statues/artwork in the area.

:slight_smile:

I’m no expert but I know some stuff. I’ll share knowledge with anyone who wants it

Sounds fun :slight_smile: I’ll hope to join y’all

Sounds like it could be fun. But you’ll hate me when I say I’ve taken 95% of my photo’s on my phone in the last couple of years.

Has a date been decided on this yet?

Ok so a date. I was thinking about the Thursday or Friday before New Year but I’m likely to have to work one of those and the other is looking like a family day.

So it might have to be after the New Year, so how about the first weekend of 2012?

Anyone got a preference as to Saturday or Sunday?

Sounds good, lots of perky nips.

We`re in the lakes for a good roasting.

Photos to follow.

Urban sucks we do cuntryside.:slight_smile:

Have a lovely photo day in town, we fancy doing one in the countryside - soon in the New Year:kiss:

Sunday would be better I think. quieter streets and public transport for getting around.

If you are thinking of 7th/8th January, I can’t make it :frowning:

Both days are fine, Sunday preferred.

sounds good andrew. I’m in (date dependent).

Nightphotography can produce some nice shots and is much more of just a technical exercise than fun for me personally. would be far more interested in something daytime - gives more options for shooting both static objects and people, playing with light/flash etc.