Fake Dainese Gloves?

I got this emailed over to me just now. We get a lot of stuff like this but not normally such blatant imitation gear. I wonder how Dainese would feel about this…

Dear Sir,

Hru Sir I hope you are well doing with Good Business and Good health.

We are manufacturer of Gloves (Specially Replica Gloves of Dainesee-AlpineStar Etc)
Please give me a chance with business. I Hope Good News for ur Side.

Best Regard…
Dhm Brothers…

Ps: Please See Attached Pictur

Attachments

Dainese copies

photo_upload.bmp

lol Chinese don’t know the term “copyright” Dainese could fit it over there and they would probably lose

lol, they aren’t even good quality copies!!

You should forward it onto Dainese and ask for a real set as a reward!

it does say ‘replica’ i’m not sure there’s much you can do.  maybe for the misuse of the logo.  i think its worth sending it to them.

who knows, you might unravel a massive scam and get some generosity back from the real dainese!  :D

They have broken so many copyright laws by making them.

The VR46 & Bulldog logos belong to Vale so he has to agree for them to be used, The Dainese logo is also a copyright, and the fact they have Dainese written around the Cuff is also copyright, Dainese could sue them easily

not sure if they have broken copyright law by making them. they certainly have by selling them though!

not sure if they have broken copyright law by making them. they certainly have by selling them though! me_groovy
technicalities!!! lol

These are the ones they have copied. I would say they are blatantly a complete rip off

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

You’ll never win a copyright lawsuit in China … Both BMW & Apple have tried, but failed!

China’s ‘fake’ Apple stores thrive ahead of new iPhone launch
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-china-idUSKCN0RN2EF20150924

I never purchase ‘brand’ name goods from China, or unknown retailers. Would rather pay the rip-off prices for genuine, than being ripped-off on counterfeit goods.

As zine says…

good luck trying a copyright replica… they haven’t signed any international agreement to prevent them from doing so

I can speak from experience having been to the factories where a lot of these so called "fakes " are made.

Many of the big names have their products made and assembled in a place called Sialkot in Pakistan.  I used to be the UK importer of Harro from Germany, and it was only their bespoke tailor made top end leathers that got made in Germany, and the likes of Dainese, Furygan, Frank Thomas and all the other big names are the same, simply because of production costs.

Every so often, production moves from one country to another because for example production costs in Pakistan go up so they move onto Malaysia or wherever,  A few years ago, Australia was the cheapest.

Anyway, every factory often creams off a percentage of the production run.  I was out there a few years ago and I purchased from the factory a jacket from a well known brand, but without the branding badges.

The jacket at the time sold here in the UK for about £300.  I brought it at the factory, shipped it back to the UK and could have retailed it for £50 and still made a good profit. OK, I did nt have shipping costs, wherehouse and distribution or advertising costs, but even if I stuck another £50 on, it would stil have been substantially cheaper.

I could buy branded gloves (exactly the same but with the branded name) for £4 a pair which retailed for £40 a pair here, and they were identical other than for the lack of the name.

I used to have an office in China (it used to cost me £50 for a serviced office and about £300 a month for 2 full time staff)and I was out there at one time (I was actually training the Chineese Police riders before the Olympics) and they took me to the factory where the shells of one of Europes most expensive helmets are made.  The shells were churned out in their thousands for about 30p a shell, but the finished item retailed here in the UK fr over £350.

Whilst they should not be using a registered trade name, it is impossible to prevent clothing being copied.  

Many of you will have seen the hi viz blouson style jackets used by Police motorcyclists, instructors, Ambulance and so on.  It is called the Berkshire.  I designed it and the original was a waterproof skin designed to go over leathers.  I sold it to a number of Police forces and quite quickly other manufacturers copied it.  In the boot of my car I have the mark 10 prototype jacket (Actualy I have 2 so when one wears out I have a new one :slight_smile: )whch I never had produced but is made from Cordura with memory foam body armour and a detachable body warmer.  If I put it onto the market, I can guarantee that within 4 weeks it would be copied.

It is impossible to patent or trademark kit or clothing design, I actually looked into this, and it cannot be done.

So the point I am making is that many brand name products are not so much faked, they are actually the genuine item, they have simply been creamed off the main production run and retailled independently (although they should be without the branded name) and many will also put them through CE accreditation, even though CE accreditation is a joke anyway.

Wow, that’s very eye-opening, thanks T.C

Plus one well done that man

Very interesting

I’ve had loads of stuff from China and most has been decent.

Decent read t.c

I've had loads of stuff from China and most has been decent.

Decent read t.c

toony
I thought the last thing you bought was from Thailand, not China 

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Awesome read T.C - what’s the name of your company?

I don’t have the business anymore.  I closed it down when I realised that working 7 days a week 16 - 18 hours a day (except Xmas day) was not doing my health any good, because I not only had the retail side of the business, (I sold bikes as well) but also the import side, pluss legal advisor and crash investigation for law firms and motorcycle training at CBT and advanced level, I was sitting on various committees relating to kit and rider training and I was also doing overseas rier training contracts, and running the instructor diploma course here inthe UK along with examining.

I did a trip where I went to the far east had 2 meetings, then onto Australia and had another meeting, then west coast of America and had another meeting, then east coast USA, before coming home, all in less than 6 days.  I had meetings at the Airport, washed and changed  and then got on the next plane out.  I was tired, dehydrated, spots and pimples started to form and that was when I decided to get out of the business and went back t just dealing with the law and investigation side.

But the experience and knowledge I picked up in that time proved invaluable as I still now act as a consultant for a number of kit manufacturers and I still do a bit of advanced training and examining (2 wheels and 4), but the crash investigation is my primary role now.

I don't have the business anymore.  I closed it down when I realised that working 7 days a week 16 - 18 hours a day (except Xmas day) was not doing my health any good, because I not only had the retail side of the business, (I sold bikes as well) but also the import side, pluss legal advisor and crash investigation for law firms and motorcycle training at CBT and advanced level, I was sitting on various committees relating to kit and rider training and I was also doing overseas rier training contracts, and running the instructor diploma course here inthe UK along with examining.

I did a trip where I went to the far east had 2 meetings, then onto Australia and had another meeting, then west coast of America and had another meeting, then east coast USA, before coming home, all in less than 6 days.  I had meetings at the Airport, washed and changed  and then got on the next plane out.  I was tired, dehydrated, spots and pimples started to form and that was when I decided to get out of the business and went back t just dealing with the law and investigation side.

But the experience and knowledge I picked up in that time proved invaluable as I still now act as a consultant for a number of kit manufacturers and I still do a bit of advanced training and examining (2 wheels and 4), but the crash investigation is my primary role now.

T.C
Nice post, I agree with you many fabrics will make stuff for several brands and clothes and 100 times cheaper, however what about safety? how do you know if that unbranded jacket you bought on your trip to Thailand will take a slide at 100mph on a track day? Is there any key to know that? We all like cheap and good stuff.

Well, the point you raise is valid and was a point I tried to make when I did that piece for the BBC on Fake Britain last year, and they did not like it that what they deemed fake should have been substituted for cheap. There are some big branded names out there which I would not give the time of day too, there are also some very good but subtantially cheaper brands which provide excellent value and good protection for the price.

A cheap quality and perhaps poorly made leather is always going to be a better option than jeans and T shirt, and if it fits properly it only needs to do its job once and it has done what it is designed to do.

In respect of leathers, look to see if they do anything in white.  If they do, then look to see if there is a grey tinge to the colour and is it supple?  White is the most difficult colour for leather dye to take to, and a good quality leather will remain white and supple, whereas a cheap poor quality skin will go hard and have this greyish tinge to it.

Leathers whether it be a 1 piece, 2 piece, jacket and trousers should be made of as fewer panels as possible and any design should be an overlay.  If the garment is made up of lots of little panels then its core strength will be compromised.  Stitching should be at least 7 stitches to the inch and should be a minimum of double stitched but treble stitched is better.

Remember that the CE mark is only good for the areas that have been tested.  So for example, a cordura jacket may carry the CE mark and is sold as CE aproved, but it may only have been tested for its waterproofing qualities.  The same applies to leather.  The garment will only get tested on the areas that the manufacturer submits it for, so it may have been tested for abrasion resistance but not stitching or burst qualities.

And lastly, like a helmet, fit is all important.  Leather will give by upto 2 inches from new (Goatskin and Kangaroo are softer and tougher but stretch even more) so the tighter you can buy and fit into the better the long term protection.  If it is too big, it can can cause excess friction when you side down the road and apart from contributing to broken bones and other injuries, it will not hold those broken bones together which can also cause a problem.

Oh, and 2 piece is safer than a 1 piece for the road

Hope that helps a bit.