Exhaust ...... Yey, or ney?

And now for something completely different … BOUGHT !!!

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Looks nice and loud Ian :slight_smile:

Arrived yesterday … last night I was sat on the sofa with exhaust cupped in one arm and new puppy cupped in the other arm … heaven !!! LOL

HOPEFULLY I’ll get to install it this Saturday. Just need a little bit more research re removal of exhaust valve cables on the zx10r

If you remove the exhaust valve you need a servo buddy

And an 02 eliminator for the cat 

Sorry … maybe wrong wording in my last - its the cables between the std exhaust butterfly and the servo motor.

It appears that you just need to pop the cable ends (2no) off the servo mount and remove both cables and exhaust. Then your ready for the slip on.   

Sound simple - sure it will take me 3 months !!! - a bit like the ZZR that’s still sat with the engine half in and half out … !

Whoever told you that is talking bollox you need a servo buddy
Just disconnecting the cables will just confuse the ecu as the servo won’t be sending back the right signal because there will be no restisdance from the exhaust valve

https://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=18697

Okay cheers. Bought

Hey Ian,

That zorst looks very good.  From a previous posting, think I’d prefer the puppy, but only for about 30 minutes a day.  

We should meet up sometime, to compare our toys.  After all, they are twins.  Mine is running a Werx zorst

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Well, after a wee bit of sawing, milling, bashing, swearing, and crying down the phone to Wise … ta da … !!!

What ya think ??

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

looks aright

looks aright Wise

Oooh you … ! LOL

I’m surprised you haven’t slagged off the state of my garage !!! 

looks aright Wise

Oooh you … ! LOL

I’m surprised you haven’t slagged off the state of my garage !!! 

IanWilliamson
now you mention it as I never looked before

is that a festool table saw I can see

Bench saw

Bench saw IanWilliamson
same thing
 I do not know of anyone who has been stopped due to loud pipes... you have to be really unlucky to get pulled unless being a loon and giving it the beans when stationary! IMORTAL_Indian
I know of someone.......lol
 I do not know of anyone who has been stopped due to loud pipes... you have to be really unlucky to get pulled unless being a loon and giving it the beans when stationary! IMORTAL_Indian
I know of someone.......lol Rusty99
Did you do the tugging? ;)
Did you do the tugging? ;) Kevsta
Actually several of us LB oldies actually know of a Diplomatic Plod who pulled someone for having a noisy exhaust.  :)
There was even photographic evidence 
There was even photographic evidence  Rusty99
Is the trawling of memory lane likely to get a ban?  :D lol