Exhaust popping

Hi, I dont know if the sv650 is the same as the sv1000, I have a 03 sv1000 and it used to pop on the overun the whole time even after fitting the power commander and getting her dyno’d.
The problem on a lot of bikes, mine and probably yours is what’s called a P.A.I.R system or pulsed air injection which is strictly there for emmisions laws and has no effect on performance whatsoever, because with the aftermarket exhaust your bikes gas flow is different, this system is designed to send more air to the cylinders to help ignite any unburnt fuel so it does’nt kill us all when spat out yer exhaust, this is what causes the popping.

I got really pissed off with it after a while and so ripped out the whole pair system, the solenoid, everything, and blanked off the plates on top of the cylinder heads, problem 100% solved and bike runs smooth as.
Hope this helps you out a bit mate, oh, and sorry if it’s all seemed a bit long winded:w00t:

MY STROKER DOES IT PRITTY LOUD WHEN IAM OFF THE TROTTLE ITS GREAT:D

There’s some great info on this thread!

Cheers, guys! :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise it was all down to emissions laws…

my old SV650 used ti pop a fair bit…its the cackle before the pop i love, specially on a Vee:D

Viggen is right, i swear by blue flame, i had the Ti EVO twin port can, they sell at around £300.

i LOVED my old SV6, i had lots of good feedback on its sound from peeps i rode with;)

the stumpy style scorpions are loud, nice pipes but i prefer teh blue flame, i have twin scorpions on my SV1000
but if i had teh money i would change them to Blue flame.

makes to consider are…

Blue flame

Scorpion

Beowolf

Fuel

Carbon Can Co

M4

MHP

theres a few!

oh and ffs make sure the baffles are out!:D:cool:

sorry couldnt tell you it was years ago and i didnt see exactly what he did