Exam Blues

Ok am freaking out now… I have an exam tomorow and im still not understanding anything for it. Am so f***ed! Am at the point of tears :frowning: Am thinking of skiping the exam as i wont even pass at this rate!

Anyone wanna go for a ride on the bike somewhere anywhere! And i dont care if it rains, even better!

You should show up. You know a lot more than you think. Even if you get 30% it will help your grade better than if you don’t show. Do whatever you need to to chilld out, get warm and cosy and work your arse off for one day.

It’s not as bad as you think! :smiley:

Good luck :slight_smile:

Ally, don’t be so hard on yourself, get your backside off LB (same applies for FB :wink: ) and go swat up some more, don’t miss out because you don’t think you can do it, go and give it a go, if you fail then at least you can say you tried but if you pass then tea’s at the ace are on you. Now bugger off and study, don’t wanna see you on the tinternet again today lol :w00t: :wink:

Ive given up Tiggy… f**k it… Just gonna go out on the bike… I dont understand finance… will just have to work harder on my other subjects…

Just give it your best shot - revise with whatever time you have left and just get it over with.

If you don’t get a fantastic result at least you can console yourself with the knowledge that you tried and didn’t wimp out. :slight_smile:

Ok new update people… i am not the only one who isnt lost with this exam! So its all good… made more more calm :slight_smile:

Ally, We never met but don’t give up just yet, you don’t really know how much you know until you finish the exam. Like Rocky Balboa said “it ain’t over till it is over”, the bottom line is whatever you do in the exam I guarantee it will been better than Zero. You are too young to give up, it could some how turn up to be some bike related questions, who knows :smiley:

You are not going to like this but I’m going to give you it anyway.

Extremes effect the average so if you don’t show up to this exam it wil drag your overall average down. Plus if you do not attend you will most likely forefit the chance to resit in the summer (depending on which system they run). It is paramount that you attend this exam.

There are a few strategies to deal with your current situation. I would suggest the following.

1. Go for a ride (or to the gym or something to clear your head).

2. Focus on convering the basics when you get back. Revise what you think is required to get you a pass.

3. If there is too much to cover in the time you have, gamble on which subjects you think will come up and focus on those.

4. Do your best in the exam and leave when your done.

In addition you need to adjust your focus. Revision will only bother you if you think about it, much like rent, road tax and insurance. You need to remember that this is not for forever but it is for now so just get through it.

Life is short, study hard.

You have a long night in front of you…get some coffee or red bull to keep you sharp and cane it…btw, what is the subject you studying?

Sound words of advice there guys.

I know how you feel hinny. I’m trying to do a home learning course and haven’t touched it for a couple of months now. I keep putting the exam off but in March it’ll 11 months since I started the course. I don’t want to keep dragging it out so I’ll have to knuckle down soon.

As mentioned, go for a ride, walk or summin to clear ya head. Go over the main points and talk yourself through it…like you’re having a conversation with someone else. It seems to work for me.

Tonight, put the books down, chill, and watch some TV before bed. If you want to go over some bits in the morning ya can…for some reason our brains absorb info better when we first wake up. Then go into the exam and do your best. You’ll only regret it if you don’t at least make the effort to do the exam.

Good luck! :smiley:

Jools has got it rite there, dont go revisin all nite, it will just fugg you up… there is such a thing as over revising. Ive had your worries over the last few weeks with the tests on this course.

I just chilled out on the nite, watched a film and went to sleep. In the morning i just browsed over things, you may think it aint goin in but you’ll be suprised. I got 100% on my last test which was a shock :w00t:

You find as you read the questions it starts coming to you. Make sure you read the questions properly so you dont make stupid mistakes. To start with answer all the questions you find easy, if you have to realy think about an answer skip the question. once you’ve done all the easy ones go back to the ones you have to think about. If a question is realy getting to you then leave it till last. Answer every question too even if it aint rite atleast you tried and you never know you may actualy put sumat in that is rite.

If you do stay up revising and worrying you will just be tired when it comes to the exam and your brain wont work at its best.

Good Luck!!!

Thanx guys for the advice. I will keep it all in mind :slight_smile:

At 9am tomorow think of me and wish me a telepathic good luck :slight_smile:

I’ll think about you tonite :wink: :smiley: :w00t: :hehe:

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Haha :smiley:

Will do. :smiley:

My fingers and toes will be crossed for ya.

I PASSED THE EXAM!!! Even tho i only answered one question i must have got top marks for that one answer :slight_smile:

You see, life is short…study hard.

That’s a good start to the year! Well done! :slight_smile:

Congrats :smiley: