Essential Rubber

I think Colin moved way out west (Windsor or somewhere near) and found a job nearer home.

Essential were always good for me. Worth a trip from Hammersmith over to East London several times. I for one have told friends etc about the “LB Discount” to encourage them to go over there too. Bit of a shame if Mick doesn’t want to recognise that, for the good-value and good-natured advertising it is though.

Having said that, after appreciating their service and price I think I’ve only asked for the discount once for myself.

I once asked Mick to service my old Honda. He gave it a good look over, and I think just changed the oil and filter for a very reasonable price - said the rest of the bike didn’t need it :slight_smile:

The Essential experience is a bit like going to a gent’s barber. You can sit there in silence, or have a chat, but either way you’ll pay a fair price and leave looking sharper than before.

I used ER not long ago and Mick said the same thing. Apparently an Italian lad had turned up off the boat hardly speaking English and swearing blind he was a lifelong member of LB. It turned out one of us did the guy a favour by telling him about the discount and Mick felt abused. I did point out that it was business sent Mick’s way that he would otherwise have not had but it still didn’t sit well.

I spoke so much about LB that Mick believed me and did give me a discount.

I rate Mick and will be going back.

I used ER not long ago and Mick said the same thing. Apparently an Italian lad had turned up off the boat hardly speaking English and swearing blind he was a lifelong member of LB. It turned out one of us did the guy a favour by telling him about the discount and Mick felt abused. I did point out that it was business sent Mick’s way that he would otherwise have not had but it still didn’t sit well.

Hi Jay, there’s a glitch on this site mate. My one reply was posted four times.

I know I think what I have to say is four more times more important than anyone else but there’s no need to make it so obvious :-0

Did you press the submit button four times? :slight_smile:

i used to use FWR all the time, very nice chaps, always did me a bit of discount and the prices were good :slight_smile: now i just use work :slight_smile: