Ellison P4 !! MOTOGP Tests, BMW M Race

This should cheer James and the team up no end …

1. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 57.102 secs
  2. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 58.921 secs
  3. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 59.360 secs
  4. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 59.619 secs
  5. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 00.001 secs
  6. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 2min 00.218 secs
  7. Kenny Roberts USA Team Roberts 2min 00.225 secs
  8. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 2min 00.551 secs
  9. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 00.621 secs
  10. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 01.249 secs
  11. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 02.177 secs
  12. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 2min 02.197 secs
  13. Alex Hofmann GER Team d’Antin Pramac 2min 04.003 secs
  14. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 2min 05.073 secs
  15. Toni Elias SPA Fortuna Honda 2min 05.961 secs
  16. Sete Gibernau SPA Ducati Marlboro Team 2min 06.724 secs
  17. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Team d’Antin Pramac 2min 06.846 secs
  18. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 2min 07.326 secs
  19. Vittoriano Guareschi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 5min 13.977 secs

Nice one for Ellison. But how the hell is Colin Edwards going that fast!!! Looks like it could be a good season - only three weeks till we find out.

Aaah, it was raining. Looks like we’ll have to wait till the first race to see how well he goes in the dry.

Vittoriano Guareschi… 5min 13.977 secs ???

Did he peddle or paddle round the lap ??

LOL

Well I hope those results are indicative of dry weather too, but I fear Mr E will be rushing to the back of grid come a dry track.

But hopefully his confidence will be bolstered.

Did you see it on telly??! Basically whoever stayed on did bloody well! Everyone fell off, including Rossi! Ellison and Edwards put in a stonking performance. Three weeks until the first race, whoohoo!

I’d wager I could get round that track when it was torrential rain, on my K5 or Duke with wets in under 5 minutes, on a bad day, after a big lunch !!

In fact you could probably get round there on a crosser with knoblies in under 5 minutes

You’re on Joe, I’ll get my DRZ, you get the GPRep and we’ll see if we can be MotoGP stars!

Can I join in the race on me Raleigh Grifter?

Hopkins had the new Suzuki running well too…right up until the point he overcooked his front end for the conditions and ate it.

Watching the first 2 rounds of WSB has me chomping the bit for some QUALITY MotoGP action…I’d love to see 4 or 5 riders CONSISTENTLY duking it out up front each round this season!

I’m up for a Moto GP challenge … just missing £500k GP retainer to get on the entry list.

Jay - just in case we find the money has your DRZ been serviced recently

I do think you lot should get yourselves up north for some track days this year … Mallory, Donnington, Rockingham, they can only be a couple of hours from London.

When the weather improves I’ll been down to the Ace Cafe on a Sunday … if I can find it ! I lived in Winchmore Hill for 6 years, but still get lost around there

If they let 2 stokes back in I have the perfect weapon - 500cc’s of arm wrenching power …

… from the 80’s … watch out a corner !