DUNSTABLE DOWNS - Sat 4th April

Bugger the lot of you!! :stuck_out_tongue: I work saturdays now :frowning:

Iā€™m in for this oneā€¦see u all Saturday!!

Well I hope you and zine aint gonna be showing off again :D:D

Ok anyone that wants some info on route for this Saturdays excursion are as follows.

Starting from The Downs we head towards Aylesbury on the A4146 picking up the A41 for a short while and heading northbound towards Buckingham on the A413. We stay on the A413 through Buckingham until we hit the A43 north of Towcester which leads us onto the A5 for a short sprint up to Daventry. We then pick up the A361 all the way(and through) Banbury. The A422 is the next road we latch onto, and follow this all the way to our destination Stratford Upon Avon.

We can stop in the square where there of plenty of places to eat and a nice pub on the corner which also does some nice and reasonably priced food.

Depending on weather and how people feel we can take various routes back.

The planned route back however is the A3400 to Chipping Norton and then collect the A44 onto the A34 towards Bicester. Just before Bicester head onto the A41 back towards Aylesbury. Anyone then coming from London could head back towards the Ace or back over to our starting point of Dunstable.

I have no idea of the mileage but their are plenty of fuel pitstops along the way.

See ya there.

Fats

99% certain Iā€™m not going on this, but on the way home you could go along the B439/A46 to Evesham and then the A44 to Chipping Norton, That way you take in Fish Hill. If youā€™ve never ridden it just think the twisty bit on the A40 near Stokenchurch, but about 3 times as long. :D:D

undecided about this one, might try and make it though as i havenā€™t been on a ride out since last year. :frowning:

Go on, you know you want to. :wink: Itā€™s going to be a cracking day.

anybody heading from the Ace?

Hi All, Iā€™m fairly new to this site and donā€™t really know any of you. That said, I wondered if I would be welcome to tag along on Saturday? I just bought a new bike and want to ride it somewhere other than around London.

Shewoolf, presuming I donā€™t get told to p**s off I could meet at the Ace as I live in North London and donā€™t know the way to the meeting point.

Thanks.

Hey, I was hoping to do a repeat performance ā€¦ but this time, stack it in the carpark when everyone is around to see (and bloody help) :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course youā€™re welcomeā€¦itā€™s only L-platers we have to say no to. Iā€™m sure there will be a few leaving from the Ace to guide you to the meeting place. See you Saturday. :slight_smile:

How selfish can you get? Waiting for us all to p1ss off before doing your car park stunt! :hehe:

Well Im not gonna try and keep up with you n Brooks this time, as Iā€™ll have a pillion and chasing you 2 last time the 'bird got squirilly on the bendsā€¦'kin fun tho :D:D

Have a great ride peeps, forcast is fairly good BUT mind that fog up on the downs.

Looking forward to the next one

SPG and Fazer Lys

soooooooooooooo want to join you :crying:

Iā€™ll be there :smiley:

well remember its NOT a trackdayā€¦stay upright :P:P:D

Thatā€™s the difference, he knows how to decipher between road and track riding Stevie ;):stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like weā€™re going to have a good turn-out for tomorrow. Thereā€™ll be a few few from other forums, as well. And the weather should be sunny, too. :slight_smile:

Just a quick noteā€¦

Please arrive fully fuelled. We will wait until 10:30am for sure, but no guarantee weā€™ll still be there after then (although all things are possible.lol)

powerfreaks coming up, have a look then go home are they :D:D:D:D

best dust me camera off then get some shots in :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be there for the morning session, but will have to head home early afternoon. Got to pick my parents up from Luton Airport.