Drunk Riding

Iv done it n not proud. Went out with mates from work had two pints n decided to stay. I gave someone my keys n had fun. Woke up the next morning at home asleep on my stairs with my bike in the garage n keys in my hand. no recolection. Went to work n found out they had given me my keys back. I blasted the lot of em in my office absolutely freaked out at them! Lost what i thought where good mates but one got fired for it. Now if i go out i leave the bike at work n pic it up in the morning. I cant go out n watch ppl get pissed, i start to get a bit antsy around em especailly when they start to get noisy lol

It seems to be perfectly normal to drive/ride pissed in Spain…I try to avoid being out late in the evening but if I am, I go on the bike as I have more chance of avoiding oncoming p1ssheads… In the car there just isn’t the space to get out of the way…Not good at all…

I went out on the bike once after a large glass of wine. I got 250 yards down the road, turned around and went home again. Didn’t have my balance properly when coming to a stop etc…just not worth it!!

I’m a pretty heavy drinker and one glass of wine doesn’t affect me per se, but then I don’t have two wheels sticking out of my arse all of the time, so being on the bike is entirely different!!

That said, I have ridden to work in the past after heavy drinking the night before (always finishing drinking 11 or midnight) but still feeling a bit dodgy in the morning. I then count my blessings that I didnt get pulled over and that I made it to work in one piece. Not something I would ever make a habit of.

In fact, from when I got back into biking in March I have subsequently cut down drinking a LOT (used to drink 4-6 pints each night about 3-4 times between Monday and Friday) and have managed to almost quit smoking (no drinking = no craving for fags!).