Drone record your rideout?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sqdr/hexo-your-autonomous-aerial-camera/description

This was the first one I saw. £800 though. They also mention that they are considering implementing obstacle avoidance, but that won’t be featured in the release.

Perhaps this drone would be better keeping up with a progressive biker:

old thread but this drone looks amazing!

last two minutes are crazy!!

Just watched DC Rainmakers video on this, really impressive. I’ve not bothered much with drones (I have a Mavic Mini, but haven’t used it for months) as your so limited in where you can actually fly them these days. What I would love, is one that can track me while cycling and I don’t have to worry about it crashing into trees! This Skydio 2 looks like what I need! Unfortunately, it’s only available in the US and Canada :frowning:

Actually with the new rules you can fly the mini alot more places than you think

Tie camera to kite .
Tie kite to bike( 6ft string)
Keep moving

1 Like

Added benefit of resistance training depending on size of kite :+1:t2:

I’ve seen some amazing footage from these bad boys. Use some wood screws to fix it to the top of your helmet [joking].

Yeah, true. You can fly them in built up areas and all sorts. Then you just need to deal with the upset locals ‘losing their privacy’ :crazy_face:

Next couple of years should see solid state battery tech coming out with longer life. Doubt could charge at any decent rate with solar.

There is a giant industrial one that flies around the vicinity of Stamford Bridge. I think it belongs to the football ground but flies way outside the stadium.