*** DREI DOWN ***

Just read this DREI glad ure ok - uve come off pretty well from what looks a major accident.

Regardless of what happens it is only money and the main thing is ure health. Hopefully u wont be out of pocket either.

Take care mate anything I can do let me know.

Anil

Drei? Wasnt that front wheel straightened by Hagans the last time? Just a thought? im not up on how they actually straighten our wheels, but is it heated etc or something like that before its made true again?..as i say i dont know, but COULD that make a wheel weaker? I dont really believe what ive just wrote, cos i cant see a company like Hagans sending out wheels to us bikers knowing they are going back on our bikes and on the road again, but it just looks like that front wheel disintegrated SO badly, as others have said, ive never seen a wheel like that… sure there are worse but ive never seen it?

Adamsky? If youve had 3 bike accidents and 2 car in 2 years that just tells me the roads have truely got worse and we are really gonna have to slow it down and stop taking those silly chances that we do, and believe me, im not innocent here either, guess ive just been lucky…apart from one poxy pot hole last june that sidelined me and my bike for months and cost me a bluddy fortune to fix and a knee that needs a op (for which i am still waiting a date, and been told to hold on any plans until i get that said date !!!)…of course the council won that fight cos they are covered when it comes to us claiming against them for negligence on our A roads…even though i had police and hospital backing…insurance wouldnt even touch it for me either …said its not worth my or their time…yeh, means they wouldnt be able to make themselves money from a claim more like !!! a oles the lot of em…

Are cagers getting braver, or stupid…er, cos they see a biker esp on a sports bike and not a shall i say…more sensible bike (u get my drift)…and want to race us or knock us off the road while they either drive off and leave us, or make a claim against us saying it was our fault…im getting SO fed up with seeing more of us having this happen and some of us in a bad way both financially and physically…and we cant DO nothing…they are trying to stop us riding bikes anyway…got stopped the other week in a country lane and they started shouting at ME for ALL the bluddy bikers in the country and how we all ride too fast and not caring for the people who have to live in the small villages and towns …plus it happened when we were on a LB ride out not long ago too…(that time i palmed them off on MacP to sort out!!)…but ARE we to blame a teeny bit too?

Dont some of us complain about fellow bikers who hoon it up the country lanes sometimes? but then, isnt that part of the fun of biking?..so who wins?..at the moment, seems not us !!!

hey blade, I agree the roads are worse and untill I came to London had not had an accident in 23 years. All the car/bike accidents were at a max speed of 10miles and I was either hit from behind or side impact or sideswiped by cars NOT LOOKING.

I would even consider the american way of having a camera fitted for insurance reasons.

Cameron

Know what? that dont sound bad idea does it?..it would cut the crap the cagers come out with and PROVE they dont look for us before pulling out or stopping dead in front of us, indicating, throwing things out of windows…etc etc, all potential accidents for us on bikes. What also makes me laugh, or not…is that they stop at a junction say, and sit looking at you approaching, then as you get closer to them, they all of a sudden pull out in front of you making you brake !!! WTF !!! WHY wait all that time for us to get closer to them when its nearly impossible to brake in time?..ok if they HAVE to be impatient and not wait till youve passed em, then pull out so we can see from further back and be able to slow down in control easier…instead of having your guts come up in your mouth for a split second…bluddy idiots, they should make it compulsory that when you learn to drive you are also made fully aware and drummed into you that bikes albeit motor or cyclists need extra attention and dont just leave it to last minute judgements…

Im so sick of this…

And yeh Drei, let Steve take a look and maybe take wheel to Hagans for testing? could have been made weaker?..i really cant see it though, its more than Hagans jobs are worth to do that, but then again, its only humans doing the work, same as our airport security or supermarket meat counters of today !!! oh i could go on and on and on…humans eh? cant trust em for anything …tsk…

sheet!

glad ur Ok fella.

Agree re the wheel issue. That looks pretty worrying the way that is broke?

best of luck

Sh!t news mate!!

I know the feeling, and I hope your injuries recover quickly, though I’m sure you wish the bike recovers even faster!

Good luck, and hope you on the road again soon.

That wheel looks decidedly dodgy, It shouldn’t collapse like that even after an severe front shunt, the forks would give before the wheel.

unlucky Drei… summin dont look right about that wheel like you say id chase suzuki about that for deffinate… no impact could do that maybe squash it or bend that looks well dodgy

unlucky mate, hope everything gets sorted fast

agree with what people are saying on the wheel. at that speed most that should have happened is it buckling, and the wheel pushing back into the bike (i know this from experience)

Sorry to hear this mate! Hope it all gets sorted! Unbelievable whats happened to the wheel!! Doesn’t look right!

As a point drei you’d be wasting your time fighting with Suzuki as Its common now with wheels as the forks are so strong now they don’t bend the wheel becomes a bit of a crumple zone as a wheel is cheaper to replace… but you may want to look at your headstock that will tell you how hard impact was …seen worse ! just cos your wheels in 2 bits … still your walking bikes can be replaced…

I’m sorry to hear about the off.

Hope your feeling better soon love.

hope u get better soon mate,

sorry to hear Pal… as long as you r ok…

Suzuki seem to have a bad rep for crucial bike components disintergrating…

Original Busa subframes snapping when touring equipment added (er…its a tourer ) K5 Gixxer Thou frames smashing to bits in low impact spills (R&G intact, frame in two pieces ) and so I wouldn’t be suprised if they’re now making wheels that split like oranges at half time.

Sorry…And Suzuki won’t wanna know either…Not unless someone get’s killed and the family starts a court case…Saying that, that’s true for all big manufacturers…Yamaha had probs with 03 R6 bikes just turning off mid corner

Just a little odd came across this?

http://londonbikers.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=52&MessageID=211932

I don’t get it…What are you saying Icebox?

You do know that he was practising knee downs on Saturday, before he came off.

Just wondering what you’re trying to say.

Drei, glad ur ok, that was the first time we met (sort of), i was the off duty plod that turned up, didnt see the accident just the aftermath, had a good look at the car and spoke to the driver(witness details to police at the scene), he admitted doing the amber, the damage to his car was , as far as i could see, a mark on the wheel rim, im not going to give any judgement as to what happened unless im asked officially , or in a PM .

the road surface looked pretty, good no major flaws, a skid mark in the lane and a lot of marks on the kerb where you obvioulsy hit it.

as for the damage to the bike, looks pretty weird , hard to belive the wheel went like that as you where obviously travelling slow after braking hard.

sorry you went down but glad u walked away.

any thing i can do to help please feel free to PM me .

J

Sorry to hear of your off Drei… as for the bike damage… Yikes… have to say, not the first time i’ve seen major carnage from a suzuki prang, does nothing for my confidence in them… Hope all gets sorted ASAP and bruises etc heal quick

Doubt it, but check the microfiches at http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_select.asp?vcc=Motorcycles&mfg=Suzuki&year=2004#SDOWN and compare the part numbers between the 2000 and 2006 bikes.

Hope you get sorted soon…It’s a real sh*tter to have your bike off the road at this time of the year…Trust me…I know.