Don't be strupid

DO NOT DRINK AND RIDE.

I’ve witness and had to assist with a drink riding accident, I’m not going to go into details because police are involved.

Just don’t it is not worth it.

That’s right!
Never understood why is there a drink drive limit here anyway.
Back where I’m from the alcohol limit is zero.
That’s how it should be!

i agree, alcohol free beer is yummy anyway!

Very yummy indeed :blush:

Other than an abomination against all that is holy, isn’t most ‘alcohol free’ beer actually about 0.5% so would still be a fail with an absolute 0 limit?

I’m not a doctor but I’m pretty sure it would be passed through your body far too fast. Would love to see if that confirmed though.

I am not a doctor either, but…

A pint of beer at 0.5% ABV is just under 0.3 units.
The rough average for a person to break down alcohol is one unit per hour.
Therefore the alcohol would be in your blood for around 18 minutes.

But that is a very rough guide as everyone’s metabolism is different and age, gender, weight, having eaten, and so on, also affect how long it takes.

Countries with zero limits rarely apply a strict absolute zero requirement, though, as people could have trace amounts for other reasons and to account for the accuracy of testing devices.

I don’t even play Grand Theft Auto if I’ve been drinking.

No mon, don’t drink and drive - you’ll spill it.

I don't even play Grand Theft Auto if I've been drinking. nivag
post of the year

No mon, don’t drink and drive - you’ll spill it.

There was this guy about 3 weeks ago riding his scooter behind me with a can of coke in his hand and he managed.

That's right! Never understood why is there a drink drive limit here anyway. Back where I'm from the alcohol limit is zero. That's how it should be! Morty98
Some medicinal mouthwashes contain a very small amount of alcohol, and whilst this is insufficient to provide intoxication, it might show up on a breathalyser. This came up in the Scottish Parliament when we recently lowered our DD limit.
Some medicinal mouthwashes contain a very small amount of alcohol, and whilst this is insufficient to provide intoxication, it might show up on a breathalyser. This came up in the Scottish Parliament when we recently lowered our DD limit. Stuart Fordyce
That is why there has to be a minimum of 20 minutes between the last drink being consumed and the breat test being given

Well this finally went to court yesterday.  The rider refused to provide two samples at the station, and was as a result charged with failing to provide a specimen.  He was also charged with failing to stop at the scene of a RTA.  He then failed to turn up to court, and the CPS petitioned the Magistrate to have him prosecuted in absentia.  This was granted, and as a result of both my evidence and the police statements,  a drunk rider (CBF125) was found guilty of both offences. 

The police suspected that not only was he drunk that he was also impaired due to drugs.

Sentencing has been deferred to Crown Court, and a warrant for his arrest has been issued.

Alcohol free beers is absolute rubbish… tastes like disappointment

Well this finally went to court yesterday.  The rider refused to provide two samples at the station, and was as a result charged with failing to provide a specimen.  He was also charged with failing to stop at the scene of a RTA.  He then failed to turn up to court, and the CPS petitioned the Magistrate to have him prosecuted in absentia.  This was granted, and as a result of both my evidence and the police statements,  a drunk rider (CBF125) was found guilty of both offences. 

The police suspected that not only was he drunk that he was also impaired due to drugs.

Sentencing has been deferred to Crown Court, and a warrant for his arrest has been issued.

Kevsta
Looks like he had a bit more to hide than a cheeky pint
Other than an abomination against all that is holy, isn't most 'alcohol free' beer actually about 0.5% so would still be a fail with an absolute 0 limit? Pat

Actually it is 0.05%.

Once you distribute that through a human body it would still fail to register as a positive reading.

You’d have to drink 80 of them to equal a single Beck Vier.

I would never drive after drinking. On the bike it’s a non-issue anyway - I don’t think I’d make it off the drive drunk.

Maybe it’s because I’m not a very good rider, or perhaps not a very good drinker

Maybe it's because I'm not a very good rider, or perhaps not a very good drinker monkimark
Im both 

I  never will drink if I have to drive or ride

not a drop

This offence carries a mandatory disqualification for a minimum of 12 months. The minimum disqualification rises to 3 years if the defendant has a similar previous conviction (drink drive related) within the last 10 years.

The offence of Failing to provide a sample is generally considered by the court to be more serious than excess alcohol and as a result even for a first time offender the court will initially be considering a driving ban of 18 to 24 months.

In addition to a ban the court will also impose another penalty such as a fine, a community based penalty or even a prison sentence for the most serious cases. The court has the power to impose up to a maximum of 6 months imprisonment for this offence.