Does this look dodgy..?

Strange that he’s changed his feedback profile to private, means he can’t sell on Ebay. FWIW, well done for flagging this up, reporting it to Ebay is a waste of time even if they suspend/delete his account he’ll just start another (assuming he is selling stolen goods)

I hear what you’re saying mate, but what I mean is, why debate it endlessly here… why not report him to eBay… ? I’m not saying “don’t discuss it here”, just if you are genuinely concerned, shop the tw@t!

looks like all the interest in this turned the tables on a thief and stopped him selling lots of parts etc on e bay.

if it was reported to the police we all know not a lot would happen ( lack of evidence etc etc )

e bay the same …

nice to think he may be watching his back for a change:D

Having him kicked off eBay is not going to scare him and stop him robbing bikes, having somebody actually go around and confront him on the matter and perhaps actually see evidence of other stolen bikes would. I just hope that there are undercover police on the case for things like this, because public forums aren’t exactly the best place for this manner of organisation.

I really think that reporting this to eBay is counterproductive entirely and it’s really a shame that this happened in this case.

[quote]
davori (15/02/2011)

Why?

Are you suggesting that LB should become some sort of Vigilante groupe that meters out it’s own form of justice to anyone we assume is a bike theif or is trading in stolen bike parts?

In reporting it to eBay one route of sale for the alleged bike theif has been blocked and yes his details will have been passed onto his local force.

As eBay is one of the biggest market places for selling stolen goods, blocking alleged thieves from selling goods on it can only be a positive thing as it reduces their oppertunities to move the goods

Did anyone stop to think that maybe he reads “London Bikers” and decided to cut and run and then relist under another ID?

Hell we all know that the “thieves” read our posts… why not this one?

It crossed my mind, but he may think twice about listing it a second time.

Ebay could act if he re-lists it under another ID, they have ways… I know cos’ i got a bollockin’ once for bidding on my own item with a second account… :rolleyes:

Maybe it was mine :crying:

[quote]
buttonmonkey (15/02/2011)

I’m not suggesting that LB should act as some form of vigilante group ofcourse… What I was trying to say is that this could have been handled far more intelligently which may (or may not) have resulted in some people having their bikes recovered. All that has happened now is that said seller is removed from eBay, and no doubt will just sell through his/her normal avenues or relist with a new account. I’d be shocked to hear that they signed up with their real address (making reporting to the police valid), but they would have not been able to have viewings without disclosing their address, or a contact atleast.

I’m not exactly used to the ethos on this forum, perhaps among UK bikers. But I know that my views are pretty standard fare in the Irish biking community (biker.ie). There’s been other occasions (not to name names) where there is blatant lack of logic applied to situations on this forum, but again this is most probably me being used to things being done in a different manner.

I agree Davori,

Again, im not saying we should form some mega hard vigilante group (mainly cos im a complete poof), but it could have turned out differently if he was not shopped quite so soon.

However, at least this sale has been stopped by ebay which is a good thing - and he is now thinking twice about listing, so some good has come of it :slight_smile:

Of course, the guy could be legit…:hehe::unsure:

as you can see i have been on londonbikers for a few years , but i dont say much - like to read whats going on etc.

but i think what ever happened with this its good that we all care and look out for each other by watching each others bikes when out and about or when looking for stuff on e bay , and shows the forum works to keep us all informed , made me buy a new disc lock to go with the other 4 locks on my bike;)

I’ve had probs before with bike off ebay. Wouldn’t touch with barge pole!

Well if anyone is curious this is what he has listed in the last 15 days
http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/r1-nutter/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rdc=2
Should be interesting as his sales have been quit varied .
Steve