Do you say thank you?

I made it a habit to give a thank you gesture every time a fellow motorcyclist let’s me pass when filtering, either by lifting my foot of the peg or raising my left hand slightly.

How about yourself?

I try to; but doesn’t always happen. Plus i’m normally letting the sports bikers through, rather than the other way around.

Yes I do as much as I can, I thank also vans and cars that move away to let me pass

I always try to if it is appropriate, usually a hand wave, or a nod of the head.  Sometimes however the situation is that I’m better off concentrating on the moving heavy vehicles around me, but I always, always appreciate it. 

Courtesy maketh the man/woman.  I do my best to express thanks either way.  

Always. Manners maketh the man.

I usually nod or wave thanks with my hand

I try my best to thank anyone on the road when appropriate, plus acknowledging other bikers in general. Sometimes it’s just not possible- I ride an unfaired bike, and at 70+mph, concentrating on the road and other cars is often all I can do.

Always, it’s a simply gesture that goes a long way to making life happier for everyone.

Yes, ALWAYS. Even if i can’t lift a hand or foot i tilt my head as aknowledgement

I always try to give a thanks wave/leg out.  

Be careful about rude gestures though.  Did any of you see the biker that got nicked by a copper for a public order offence when he gave a van driver the middle finger?  When the cop pulled him over, the biker expained that the van driver nearly knocked him off, hence the finger.  But the rider got nervous and called the copper “love”.  The copper nicked him for the public order offence, but did say to the camera a few times “He called me love” which made me think he nicked him for that.  The copper was male.

always.

Always, good karma.

I always try to give a thanks wave/leg out.  

Be careful about rude gestures though.  Did any of you see the biker that got nicked by a copper for a public order offence when he gave a van driver the middle finger?  When the cop pulled him over, the biker expained that the van driver nearly knocked him off, hence the finger.  But the rider got nervous and called the copper “love”.  The copper nicked him for the public order offence, but did say to the camera a few times “He called me love” which made me think he nicked him for that.  The copper was male.

Aceman
According to a polis I had in for CBT, flipping someone a birdie or a Churchill is an offence under section five of the Public Order Act. I don't know if this was on a 'Cops With Cameras' show and edited for effect, but I had the impression that you'd have to do something a bit more than just a v-sign to get a tug.

I saw that. It was Police Interceptors. He did him under Section 5 of the Public Order Act. Any swearing or obscene gesture in public gets a nick. Also, he didn’t like being called ‘love’ by a bloke. 

I also say thank you by way of a nod or wave. It’s just basic manners. Shame more people in general don’t.

I always say Thanks with a hand, or a leg where I can - 95%. Only time I can’t do it is if I’m paying a lot of attention on the road.

Can’t believe that it’s illegal to give someone the finger though. I’ve been cut up real badly or not seen from time to time and if I’m grumpy, I let them have a piece of my mind… guess I won’t any more!

I saw that. It was Police Interceptors. He did him under Section 5 of the Public Order Act.... Bandit99
Thanks Bandit99.  I could not remember which of the many cops on camera type programmes it was.

I wonder if the copper would still have nicked the biker if he had seen the van driver nearly collide with him.

Always.

And drivers who move over to let me filter through.

I usually thank motorists who make room for me.  It’s always nice when someone has the manners to say ‘thank-you’, and a little bit of ‘positive reinforcement’ makes them more likely to continue to look out for bikes and hopefully encourage other motorists to show some observation & consideration.  It’s nice to be nice, and all that.

Where ever possible I do