Do Scooterists hate us as much as we hate (most of )them?

well said my friend u said it all.

Goin up to Boxhill on sunday, a cyclist decided to just swerve out in the middle of the road to go past his mate!! Didnt look to see if anything was coming. I locked the back wheel and skidded a bit but managed to stay on, was close though! Im sure the to$$ers just dont think!

Well im a medical courier and i see this all day im surprised i still have all my hair.

I was sitting at the front of the traffic lights with my front wheel into the cycle box and a cyclist said ’ Oi this box is for cyclists mate’, as he cycled threw the red light nearly knocking and old lady down on the crossing.

I laughed as i went past, the poor soul had to brake quickly and the cross bar seemed to get in his way OUCH!

I know that legally we’re not allowed to sit in green cycle boxes, but I pay for the little piece of paper I have to attach to my bike, which clearly says “vehicle category: bicycle” so I’m buggered if I’m not going to use the box

nice point keti, i’ll remember that. The poor guys face was white. Justice!

A lot of it from cyclists comes from the idea that they see themselves as road users as well, BUT the trade-off they work with is…they’re making an effort, so you have to look out for them, and cos they’re making the physical effort teh view is you do the looking.

Personally as a dedicated cyclist, I learnt how to do life-savers bloody quickly…I’ve been knocked off bicycles about 11 times in this crap city now…Twice was my fault, but the rest was exactly the same experience bikers have…CAGE drivers who weren’t thinking…

I used to jump lights…but now I figure if it gives cyclists a bad name, then people won’t look out for cyclists…and I’d rather they looked for me than not…

Hey…if there were a million cyclists who wanted in to that box, I could see what the fuss was about…but 9 times out of 10 EVEN in the summer, its half empty, so what’s the problem?

I’m with Keti, my Tax disc says Bicycle…what does the Cyclists tax disc say…?

I recently found out my son was a scooter rider. I disowned him.*

Seriously though, the thing that bugs me is scooter riders who ride in the gutter. Make the farkers overtake you properly! It’s their problem if you can’t go over 30mph, let them deal with it without running you on to the grass.

• I have no son.

Lets face it folks it is not scooters that piss us of it is the riders (and not all of them). Many years ago I had an R6 and a Gilera SP180. I used the scoot to commute into London and the R6 for fun. I hated the attitude of a lot of bikers who looked down at you because I was on a scoot and a lot would ride past me at lights and sit in front of me “because they were faster”. Now anyone who knows the SP180 wil tell you that between the lights it is very, very fast and I enjoyed the look on bikers faces when they arrived at the next set of lights having been beaten by a fat t**t in full leathers on a scoot.

Lets face it, there are bad scooterists and there are bad bikers. Riding the DRZ as it’s not a scoot and not a sports bike has me in the middle and that’s where I am happy to be. If you are cut up or someone behaves in an inapropriate manner and you can have a quite polite word with them at the next set of lights then do it. A lot of time people just dont think of the consequences of their actions and by pointing them out they may well change.

You will get some who tell you to F Off, well sod em. They are up there with chavs and muggers.

I know Quadraphinia isn’t a good example of love between bikers v mopeders and the fact that i was getting rammed in the bike bay outside of work by the momo wearing riders (i could say worse!!), however, its the people that ride these vehciles without any thought for other road users gets my back up.

What about couriers are they worse than mopeders/scooterists?

Are taxi and car drivers any better?

What about buses?

Lorries?

I do envy them in the summer but i know deep down I’m just biker chick at heart.

As michelle Phiefer once said " To a coooool rider, a coooool rider "

Give me 1 day as PM and my first point of action will be a law forcing out of the road anyone (push-bike, scooter, etc… ) who doesn’t hold a full licence… Theory for push, theory+practice (full access) for anything doing more than 20mph…
Then scoot rider will be ok. Until then, I hate them will the bottom of my pants…

i mean i ll be honest i dont have a problem with scooter riders who ride as the highway code suggests but what really gets on my tits is those lil kids on mopeds they dart in and out of traffic on the road (until you speed past em and make em fall off) but thats a whole new topic.

my two cents !!

It’s funny this thread.

I started it asking the question ( in the title ) whether Scooterists hated us…

… but all anyone ownts to write about is why they hate them!

Runs too deep in the blood I suppose…

It’s pure jealousy, of course; the scooter’s 50 yards down the road from the traffic lights before the biker’s found a gear.

(I jest, of course and agree with the view that the few bad riders, bike or scooter, make the biggest impression)

wall me thinks!! THAT THE SCOOTERS are the babys/infants…yes they are young small and silly…we have to be paitent with them!! they will grow up and out of it and progress into bikers hehehe ANYWAY I AGREE WITH THE REST OF YOU.XXXXX

THEY HAVE TO START SOMEWERE!! LIKE ME!!

True Gina!

They are JUST like children and must be treated as such…

Mind you to be fair WOMEN on scooters seem to act properly … it’s the bleedin Geezers I have problems with in 2 catagories.

Teenagers on L plates riding with flimsy shoes and helmet stap loose.Geezers in long floppy raincats with a momo helmet on - you get these if yoou commute along the Kings Road btw.

You get them in Richmond along the A316 every morning too. I particularly like it when said ‘Geezers in long floppy raincoats’ also have their (gay) - am I allowed to say that, I knows it’s politically incorrect - heated blankets to keep their ickle kneeseys warm. Bless 'em.

On Wednesday afternoon (it was cold and wet) I followed a despatch rider, a professional, on a big bike riding along the white lines like a slot-car on the NC.

He wasn’t wearing gloves, just like a chav scooterist.

As Jackie and I will be at Keti’s birthday celebrations this evening there will be plenty of opportunities to explore this “hate” thing!

yep they sertainly are annoying and stupid!!!