Do I trade Triumph Street Triple R for Ducati Monster 796?

I currently ride Street Triple R but have just caught a glimpse of the Monster and I have tyo admit it got me thinking that it might be time for a new bike. I tested the 696 Monster but found it a bit toy-like and hoping that this issue will have been addressed on its bigger brother. What do you guys think? Stick with the Triumph or go for the Monster?

UPDATE:

Tested the 796 last Saturday and really loved it, even took my Mrs for a spin…The bike looks great(with the seat cowl on) and, importantly, sounds great. I then arranged to come back this Sat to test the 1100 and as I walked out of the shop and sat on my Triple. Started the engine and joined the traffic I just felt sooo good and comfortable like I’d put on a pair of old, comfortable, shoes and decided to keep the Triple.

no…

The 796 won’t be all that different to the 696 you tried. I think the chassis is exactly the same, it’s just that the engine makes a few more ponies.

get the 848 instead

Or go from a street to a tuono like i did. Does this to your face :smiley:

I went the other way from a 916 S4 Monster to a Daytona 675. One of my better decisions me thinks!

Try to ride one and see what you think.

I found the small monsters a bit “small”, but then I felt the same about the STR (although I prefered the twin to the small tripple, and enjoyed the Speed much more than the Street, just goes to show it’s all down to personal choice).
I heard the 1100 monster is a big step up from the smaller, but I haven’t ridden it.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that there’s still spendit deals on unregistered 08 Superdukes going, so you could get a brand new superduke for near monster 796 money. I can promise, that bike would put a grin on your face! :smiley:

You would be a fool to do that!!

There is a yank review on the 769 v the R. The R won hands down!

Test ride one and you will know for sure!

This is all you need to see<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SoGaoUnLpA

Oh yeah! I’d have a Superduke all day long over mid-range Monster.Do it! Do it! Do it!

Keep the Triple.

NO :smiley: :smiley:

I have a Triple - awesome bike - wouldn’t trade it for anything (although I do miss my funny old bling bling Del Boy Hornet with the orange wheel rims)

I would stick with the Triple until it falls apart - unless you are very well off and could get both. However, if you decide to sell it and get the Ducati - make sure you sell it to a friend who can sell it back to you if you decide you have made a mistake:)

Cheers guys…I have to admit that the only reason I was looking at the Monster was that I fancy a change and the Monster is looking good. The R is a fantastic bike and so far has been very reliable but I feel like I’m getting bored with it. I considered Speed Triple but I feel it would be too big/heavy for me (5ft6) and I’m not too keen on the new look…

Not sure what extras you have on the STriple at the moment, but if you haven’t already can I suggest you look at swapping to a lowboy set-up.

Trims many unwanted Kgs all from up high and back, reports suggest it transforms an already cracking bike - maybe this would help you fall in love again.

Seen a good value option from Fresco (300 Euro delivered) - http://fresco-exhaust.com/triumph-street-triple-conique-inox-style-gp-p-33.html

i have the speed triple 1050, last of the old shape, and its amazing!, im still getting used to it, you can lower the seat if its a bit high for you… you wont be disapointed :wink:

stick bar end mirrors and risers on the 696 as the bars are a bit low, my mate brought one from p and h crawley it looks the nuts, i did think u pussy why u buying a girls bike but now i think different they put the rizoma risers and fat bar on it on the pdi, for me ducati is always going to feel special<street fighter could well be my next bike>

ops 696 wot wtf 796 is even better

oh yes oh no tuono:) pure fun):stuck_out_tongue:

Starting to look in the direction of Monster 1100 EVO…same weight/height as m796…ABS as standard…

Cant wait for a nice/warm-ish weekend to go and test all these babies…somehow don’t fancy making my mind up in this sort of weather;)

Between the Triumph and the smaller Monster, I’d probably say stick with what you’ve got, but the 1100 is a much better proposition - much more grunt and a lot less revvy than the Triumph.

UPDATE:

Tested the 796 last Saturday and really loved it, even took my Mrs for a spin…The bike looks great(with the seat cowl on) and, importantly, sounds great. I then arranged to come back this Sat to test the 1100 and as I walked out of the shop and sat on my Triple. Started the engine and joined the traffic I just felt sooo good and comfortable like I’d put on a pair of old, comfortable, shoes and decided to keep the Triple.

Wheelie virgin.

The right decision sir.

Now, go and try a superduke! :w00t: