Dissertation handed in. What the hell will I do now?

I have not. :wink:
I did wonder if I could save myself about £20 by just throwing a stock cube in some water and giving her that.

Oh well, she is such a sweetheart, I don’t mind really.

I finished the same degree at London Met in 2013 - my dissertation was “The Viability of the Artisan Luthier in the Global Economy”. I play gypsy jazz with a young luthier called Alex Bishop who did the same course and another young student called Harry D. who you might know if you are studying at the Commercial Road building. Could have happily spent another three years there if funds allowed…mmm Tayyabs!

I think I know who you are actually.
You were in Jim’s year, right?

Alex is now teaching the evening course.

Yes I’m the moaning old Scottish guy who was in Jim’s year. I was jamming with Alex and Harry a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned he was doing the night class - talented guy!
I keep meaning to go in and get some timber cut for me. I have some lovely old Scots pine from a de-commissioned whisky distillery that I want to make a telecaster body with but my little bandsaw is not up to the job.
Good luck with your final mark and your end of year project - I’ll try and drop by the summer show and say hello.

Yes I know who you are.

If you drop by the workshop then come say hi.
I’m the only aussie there so easy to find.

Hardly anyone else about these days- most people turn up pretty rarely.

Myself and a couple of others are in almost every day- I don’t get why people spend so much money on a degree and then don’t turn up.
Some of them I haven’t seen in 3 months.

Thanks James I will.

I don’t understand it either - Mick had to physically kick me out most nights! Having so much access to the workshops was a luxury I can only dream about now.
I am actually quite jealous of your impending move to the country - very much a hick from the sticks myself but for the foreseeable future it’s lovely Lewisham for me.

Leaving London is necessary really- I’m tooling up (the usual machines plus laser cutting, spray booth and probably CNC) and need a fair bit of space to do it.
Mick is great- I’ve learned loads off him and it isn’t even his job.